Newborn too short naps

carmenstart
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:24 am 
Post subject: Newborn too short naps
Hello,

I have a 2 months old baby. He is medically tested and he is ok. He is growing up very well, exclusively breastfed.
He has 5-6 hours sleeps at night (he falls asleep on his own, with a ritual) but the day sleep is awful. When he is sleepy he easily goes to sleep, most of the times assisted (in a stroller of rocked in our arms). After about 5 minutes he simply wakes up, sometimes very calmly sometimes crying. I tried to teach him to go to sleep by himself.It worked teaching him but the sleep is the same. I also tried to rock him for as long as he sleeps. He sleeps for about 20-30 minutes then suddenly wakes up. I would be ok with his pattern if he was happy with it. But it's obvious he is tired. At the end of the day he hardly manages to go to sleep on his own, as he is too tired after a day with such poor sleep.
All this started to happen since he was about one week old.I know newborns are supposed to have very short naps, but ours seems to have unusually short naps. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to help him sleep better? If any of you had this expereince, by what age does the day sleep get better?

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular