2 month old sleep

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:22 am 
Post subject: 2 month old sleep
Our DS didn't like his crib at all when he was born and ended up in with us for a couple of weeks. Something seemed to click though and he's been going in it fine for the past 6 weeks.
2 weeks ago we started him with a bedtime routine. He's just not getting it at all. Have been rocking him to sleep, putting him down were he instantly wakes up crying so picking him up again. This can go on for 2 hours until he finally decides he'll stay down. I know we should be putting him down awake really. However the past 2 nights he hasn't settled at all. We've been putting him down and picking him up for over 4 hours so he's ended up back in with us just to get some sleep. We don't know why he suddenly hates his crib again. This is something I really don't want to get into a habit of. DD had a routine from the same age and has always slept brilliantly.

Any tips?

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:05 pm 
Post subject:
its really common hun. I think they just need to be close because they feel so vulnerable. with both mine I have attached the cot to our bed and taken a side down. travis was an awful sleeper and still is not great but troy has to be in bed by 8 or he has total melt down so he kind of put himself in that routine. I tried to give him a bottle before bed but he refused so I breast feed him to sleep which is not ideal but by the end of the day im so exhausted I haven't the energy to fight him. they say boys are worse sleepers!! xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular