Ummm helloo

lindablair
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:03 pm 
Post subject: Ummm helloo
Hello everyone. I'm new here. I found out I'm pregnant and am going to the doctors this week for official backup and all... I took two tests, one today and one yesterday, but I think I knew, I felt different the last ten days or so and my boobs are aching like mad which isn't normal for me... my periods are all out of synch at the best of times, and in hindsight really my pregnancy could have been totally avoided had I thought properly!

I'm absolutely bricking it. According to my last period I am five weeks, but really I only conceived three weeks ago (which is really strange for me to get my head around). I'm 28 in March, and live away from my family but have a good network of friends around me and around the country and world. The father is a 'friend' of mine and I am currently plucking up the courage to break it to him. We were pretty new into a relationship, if you could call it that. We've known each other for a long time and he is a pretty awesome bloke so I hope he'll take it okay, but if he doesn't I am happy to carry on, seeing as he lives abroad as it is. I'm not sure how exactly I am going to cope on my own, but I guess tons of women do it all the time.

I'm a bit worried, the mere whiff of sex (literally a hint of sex) and the morningafter pill and I still got pregnant. I know there are some possible problems with the pill and pregnancies so I am going to talk it through with my Dr.

I thought I'd be really nervous and scared but I think right now it can't have sunk in because I seem to be very calm.

My mum died when I was 12 (which I think has affected my decision to keep it) so sites like this help provide a much need helping hand emotionally and practically, so I thank you all in advance.
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:29 am 
Post subject:
Hi Lovelyalex - Good luck to you, sounds like you have made any decisions you needed to and I hope 'daddy' takes the news well. Keep posting its nice to see other ladies progressing - also there is absolutely tons of advice on this website so any questions you have post them, someone will have an answer for you, I have found it absolutely great. Best wishes Flossie xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular