2/3 hours to get kid to sleep

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:55 pm 
Post subject: 2/3 hours to get kid to sleep
Heya sorry to moan, I want to know why it takes my 2 year old daughter 2/3 hours every night to get her to sleep, it is ridiculous, I do same routine as I do.my son and he goes to sleep fine. She does not sleep doing the day, she always on the go, never sits still for nothing any advice will be grateful

fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:00 am 
Post subject:
Hi, sorry to hear you're having trouble with bedtime.
My son usually goes to sleep within minutes of putting him to bed, the only time he messes about and won't settle is when he's over tired.

Could it be that she is over tired and over stimulated before bed?

What time do you bring her up? What is the routine? What time is she up in the morning? And what is her mood like during the day? Sorry for all the questions but it might help to find the problem!
avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:34 pm 
Post subject:
I bring her up at 6pm bath her, brush teeth, pj on, in bed read a story and either nurse her or bottle milk what ever she ask for. She wakes up at 7:30 but it takes me 2/3 hours.to get her to sleep at night

fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:46 pm 
Post subject:
Does she seem to be tired when you put her to bed? Maybe it's worth trying to make it a bit later if she's not that tired, or slightly earlier if she's getting over tired.
avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:26 pm 
Post subject:
I have tried putting her to bed later and she still does the same

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:58 pm 
Post subject:
I am at the stage of pulling my hair out, she also bites me and makes me bleed she is out of control

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:50 pm 
Post subject:
I am sorry you are going through this, I know first hand how difficult this is. I experienced this with my daughter for many years from 2 years till about 11 years. I tried everything and nothing worked. As she got older I had to put story tapes on and give the book just to keep her in bed. Hopefully your daughter is just going through a phase and will grow out of it. Sometimes when children are overtired they get more hyper and take more time to settle or Perhaps she has become scared of the dark/ or alone.
Have you tried a snack about 45 mins to an hour before bed, a bit of fruit like a banana and some toast (whole grain bread) as that's supposed to help with sleep.
I hope she settles down very soon and yes it is difficult and tiring I'm with you on that one. Stay strong!!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular