Advice needed in case

lysianassa
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:21 am 
Post subject: Advice needed in case
It may well be that I will be going it alone with this pregnancy and as OH's sisters have stated to him not to have any more children he and I may be going it alone. Can anyone give me any practical advice to prepare myself? We are in HA accommodation and he's not a joint tenant so I have no worries about him trying to kick me out. My main thing is that he may try and take Sebastian out of the country and I wouldn't get him back.

Hana22
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:56 am 
Post subject:
Oh hun im Sorry to hear that things havent worked out im not sure i can give any advice on him taking ur child out the country as i dont know enough about it but i didnt want to read and run.

I think this a case for some legal advice. Dont know but maybe the citizens advice might be able to help you with this but im almost sure hes not able to do that.

Good luck with it all
Xxxx

KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:42 pm 
Post subject:
I'd hide the children's passports/leave hem with one of your family/friends if possible. Other than that, defo seek legal advice.
Sorry it's such a worrying & complicated time for you. xx
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:55 pm 
Post subject:
Oh dear and wow his sisters just sound lovely!!!!

I would definitely put the passports out of his way until you get some legal advice. I can't imagine where your head is right now. Stay strong and try not to stress out about it. I'm shocked by this especially as it takes two to make the baby, he needs to take some responsibility.

I hope you have a good support network.
Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:58 pm 
Post subject:
My friend had a similar concern and through a solicitor & court got an injunction saying that the baby was not allowed to leave the country without full written consent of both parents.

I don't know how much it cost... not much I don't think otherwise she wouldn't have been able to afford it.

The solicitor also went on stand by to put a restraining order on the dad if he did have the baby for contact then refused to return him back.

My friend carried all the documents with her, and gave the childminder a copy too incase police needed to be called. It never got to that point (the dad never bother to have contact), but gave my friend peace of mind that legally she was covered if the baby was taken over the boarder.

Xx

happyhell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hon message me and I will give you lots of advice.i am in the police so have some knowledge.

You need to get the passport abs birth certificates out of the house and somewhere he can never find them. You need a injunction to prevent him leaning the country with your son. And you need supervised visiting so he can't hide in the uk with him.

Xxx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular