what to serve with potato bake?

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:49 am 
Post subject: what to serve with potato bake?
I know i sound really thick but what would you serve with a potato bake? I bought one of those Homepride jars to make one and bought some chicken breasts thinking i could do something with them to serve as a meat portion with the bake. But i dont have a clue now what would be nice with it Laughing any ideas if what to do with the chicken?

NoddysWorld
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:53 am 
Post subject:
Gosh now your asking! Confused

Could stick them in the oven with some veg and roast them with a little butter and garlic?!
Tessytoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:53 am 
Post subject:
Haha Very Happy funny you should post this as I too have bought homepride potato bake...a garlic one and i dont know what to do with it either!! I thought about chicken but not sure what else? how about veggies? or salad..... actually not sure if id like salad with it......maybe stuff the chicken breast with garlic philadelphia and wrap it in bacon or parma ham? or just wrap it in bacon/parma ham without a filling?

My jar is still sat in the cupboard atm as im not sure what to do with it, let me now if you think of any ideas Question
Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:11 pm 
Post subject:
Mmmmmmmmmmm I love potato bake! I usually make the bake up with the potatos and grill my chicken with a bit of garlic butter spread over it then servie brocolli and peas as the veg....delish!!

xx
Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:27 am 
Post subject:
Maybe odd but I'm thinking beetroot and sweetcorn , mmm yummy
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:36 am 
Post subject:
Love these ideas ladies! I'm thinking of trying the philadelphia in chicken. Sounds yummy! Although i love garlic butter so i might try that Laughing

thatonethere
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:48 am 
Post subject:
cut some diagonal marks into the chicken, brush with olive oil and sprinkle on a chicken oxo cube bake in oven for about 30 mins lovely and simple and tasty!

xx
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:06 am 
Post subject:
Thought i would give a little update on this in case anyone has the same dilemma. Firstly, i made chicken breasts filled with the garlic and herb philidelphia and sprinkled cheese over them in last 5 min of cooking. It was amazing!! Laughing Definitely going to try that again. But the potato bake was a total fail! Do not buy this! Half of the potatos were still hard and i had put it in for extra time to cook Confused Really not impressed. Next time i'm going to make some potato wedges with the chicken, they would go lovely with the philidelphia Very Happy x

thatonethere
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:12 am 
Post subject:
yes i've done that a few times, I cut them up thinly and in a very shallow large tray and always cook for loads extra time, potatoes never cook on time!

xx
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:18 am 
Post subject:
They were very thin and in a shallow tray but still raw even after an extra 20 min cooking Shocked wasnt too keen on the flavour either tbh so will know not to buy that again lol was gutted too as i was really looking forward to it and the chicken was just an afterthought yet that was the most enjoyable part lol x

thatonethere
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:45 am 
Post subject:
ah yes mine go in for at least an hour, I layer potato with onion too and it's tasty and juicy

xx
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:57 am 
Post subject:
Yeah mines was in 80 min in total x

nannarose
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:34 am 
Post subject: potato bake
cube some potatoes, put them in a casserole dish, put dobs of butter in there and sprinkle with either season all - or paprika, depending on what you're serving with them. cover with glad wrap and prick about 7-8 holes (to let the steam out). put it in to the microwave for around 4-5 minutes, then test through one of the holes. the time these take to cook depends on the microwave. so take the time to experiment the first time, then you'll have it down pat. they could take up to 20 minutes to cook, keep shaking the casserole each time you check them, to make sure you coat them and they will cook better.. great served with sour cream with a nice steak and a side salad (or not), maybe just some asparagus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular