AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:52 am 
Post subject:
Woo hoo! BIG congratulations!
That's fab news!.
Aww, so pleased you told me first. I feel special now...lol. Excited

My pre-brekkie has been fine(5.0). Lie-in today so not done my post brekkie yet (about to go make breakfast in a mo - shredded wheat and skimmed milk), so we'll see how that goes. an hour after I've eaten it - I know the brekkie is fine so it's a test on last nights dinner really.

But back to the BIG NEWS!!!! OMG YAY! I'm so happy for you! xxx

Last edited by KazM on Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
XxSnooksxX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:47 am 
Post subject:
WOOO-HOO!!thankyou & finally im pregnant! lol explains soo much lol and yes i told you cause partner forgot to take his phone the silly bugger and didnt want to tell him anyway till he came back and got cumfy lol and your the first person i thought id tell haha i keep checking the test NON-STOP lol even from a far OH can see the line so its not a dream anymore! lol Laughing

the shredded wheat and skimmed SURELY wouldnt get it up the roof so wishing you luck and bet it will be in normal range (as its been mostly anyway). and yes i agree with the dinner run lastnight for you so crossing fingers its all okay for you. Wink

Thankyou heaps for the big congrats now its game on! Laughing xxx

AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:53 am 
Post subject:
My post brekkie was 7.9, so just over (by 0.1). Thinking about it, I did have some chocolate after dinner so probs the dinner/chocolate combo rather than just the dinner did it (or 10 squares was too much).
5.4 post lunch and 6.4 post dinner yesterday & my pre-brekkie was 5.5 a few minutes ago. Brekkie eaten now so we'll see what happens.
Was OH really excited when you told him your news? xx
Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:59 am 
Post subject:
Oh well thats prob why it was just over by 0.1 but hey thats not a bad bad reading to be majorly worried about Smile

Very good other readings tho with your post lunch and pre-brekkie and post dinner so your obviously doing well in your diet but yes 10 squares of choccy isnt a huge worry but did put you JUST over but nothing id worry myself sick over Smile

i didnt tell OH till he got home and chilled out for about 15 mins then i couldnt wait anylonger and our son was having a nap so i said for him to come in the bathroom and ill show him something and i hid it behind my back then he looked with a smile like something was up then i said TA DAA im pregnant! haha he smiled and said that is really good! patience has paid off now after 2 months of trying, not that long but i did have the Implanon bar in my arm for a while and read it could take up to a year even to fall pregnant so i was worried but not nomore!! lol i got 2 more tests today and done one and still the same so im DEF preggas Very Happy

How you feeling today?? and hows bubs kicks inside you?? xxxx

AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:43 am 
Post subject:
Bubs is kicking well thanks. xxx
My post breakfast reading was 10.6 Shocked so I'm not happy with that (considering I had 40g shredded wheat with skimmed milk again).
I'm thinking I should have been stricter with my diet at my mums yesterday, although I don't think I was THAT bad so think my hormones may have surged this morn and suppressed insulin.
I have been swimming this morning (took that reading on the way) so hopefully that will have taken my sugars down again.
Brilliant you didn't have to wait long. xx
Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:30 am 
Post subject:
Shocked Holy heck! 10.6! yes i totally agree that you should really be careful with what what you have cause you said you didnt think you were THAT bad but goes to show it sky rockets with some things Confused
I think the swimming would of done you well after the reading tho and would of put your levels back to norm for sure (surely)!
So happy to hear bubs doing well and kicking around and prob gave you a little kick for your eating at your mums Wink Laughing
Swimming is a real good idea too while pregnant they say its great for pregnant as it helps ease the pressure in your back and belly, cardiovascular benefits, blood circulation and general well-being, burning calories and providing energy.
Water in the pool also saves your body from overheating and gives support to the ligaments and joints whilst you exercise.
Swimming gives the functioning of the heart and the lungs a positive boost and hence helps reduce swelling and fluid retention. Wink

Useful info about swimming hey!? anyway you have a great day/night whatever time it is there lol its 8.30pm here atm so going to try put my little monster to bed Aaarggh
Take care! xxx

Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:26 am 
Post subject:
Hey how did you go today?? hope very well... Looks like today even with my morning pee that the test is fainter but still there but not as dark as it was the first day. I read up on it on the net just then and they say the cheapy brands (that i used) would do that but still indicates that your pregnant and its not a false positive. Made me feel like [*@!#%*]! but ill go to the docs on wednesday and do what i got to.. I know im preg still tho cause AF late, alot of creamy CM, tiredness, hungry etc etc except the sore boobs part but i didnt get that till i was round 6 weeks with my son.. so yeah im trying to see the bright side and all that matters is im getting checked and still preggas Wink

If i dont email back today, means the OH has taken off with the internet and doesnt let me use it when were argueing when he drives off with the internet stick. He is quite a child sometimes but Meh what can i do. Smile Anyway let me know how you travel ok sweetums!? xxx

AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:59 am 
Post subject:
Hey huni. Try not to worry about it then if it says tests can do that. You still have your symptoms so all looking good. xx
It's occured to me that the less sleep I get and the sooner I eat after sleeping the higher my post breakfast reading is. Maybe the preg. hormones that stop my insulin working are stronger then. I'm going to try leaving it a little longer before breakfast and see how that helps as these post breakfast readings are concerning me. xx
Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:53 am 
Post subject:
Im trying so hard to not worry Kaz Crying or Very sad I can see it happens alot but i just got to stick it out for 2 more days then see with a digi test. Ill be praying my ass off! i did have water before bed and ate a fair amount and didnt pee all thru the night till i done that test so could of been more diluted cause of it and some women had the exact same prob with me but mines abit clearer and they have a healthy pregnancy so i gotta stop thinking the worse and yes im still having the symptoms and cried atleast 4 times today cause of it and feeling dizzy and sick so looks good enough so far.

Im happy that you figued out why your gettig higher readings cause of the sleep and the eating, least you will have more piece of mind that its not exactly the food doing you harm its the times and sleep loss aswell so im happy in that aspect for you Smile

and let me know how you go with your experiment with leaving it a little longer and see if that helps. xxx

Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:55 am 
Post subject:
OMG im so relieved! after so many tears and anger i got a more reliable test the Clear Blue digital and it said im pregnant 2-3 weeks so im soooo much relieved now!!! so angry at the cheap tests tho made me feel like [*CENSORED*] all day! Mad Looks like im not down in weeks or anything and its just perfect so ALL good! Wouldnt be a chemical pregnancy either SURELY not this far along.....

thankyou for your support tho! xxx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:47 pm 
Post subject:
I'm really pleased for you that the CB has pt your mind at rest. I would suggest stop testing now as you will just torture yourself. xx
Yes, I'm pretty sure I have figured out WHY...just concerned about what I can do about it now. Think I'll ring the diabetes midwife tomorrow and see what she says. xx
Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:51 pm 
Post subject:
Yes i agree with ringing the midwife and seeing what she says. You were doing great before hand in the morning etc tho and cause you went to your mums and maybe went a little over then the reading was a little higher tho so i can see why it was abit higher but other than that they were actually good! as like i have pasted you, morning tests usually tend to be all over the place so dont worry yourself TOO much ok!! Wink Im going for blood test today so hopefully i get the results today or something Smile xx
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:05 am 
Post subject:
Hey how are you going today? Hope you and bub are doing all wonders Very Happy
Thought id pop in quickly and say i went and saw a doc today about the tests etc and she was lovely and said cause ive had stonger tests then cause i went to bed with water and THEN done the test in the morn its likely thats the reason it wasnt as clear. And by now IF it were a chemical it would of happened round the time of my period or few days after, its still possible to get one at 5 weeks but its not as common.

Phew! i thought it was all over but not holding my breath just yet, im going to take each day as they come and be thankful for every part and do my best to keep it there. Instead of me having one meal a day im having lunch and dinner and after snacks but im nto a big breaky fan but i will most def be soon enough haha She wasnt going to give me blood tests and just wait till the 6 week ultrasound but i dont know EXACTLY when i ovulated so i could be more weeks or less so i told her its quite pointless until i know how far i am to be precise so i said i wanted to get bloods to see if they are doubling proper and she did so i got to go back and get another on thursday and go in for results friday THEN ill book myself in for the ultrasound Wink she alo asked if im getting cramps in both side and i said it goes from side to side and she said its a good sign cause ectopic is apparently a pritty bad pain accociated on the right and also if ive been bleeding... said nope and still a plus sign on my half. another phew! lol

Hope your eating well and controlling yourself!! Laughing When do you get to see bub again?? bet your excited to see little tike swimming round and kicking about! xxx

AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:20 am 
Post subject:
Think we're good thanks. Just trying to turn my little treasure before being breech becomes a worry too - was in some weird positions yest. eve. Hope you're doing well..xx
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:58 am 
Post subject:
Hope your baby turns the right way before birth but doesnt mean there will be any harm to the baby because of it but if baby is still breech close to birth then either is a possibility of what would happen...
-doctors will usually try to turn the baby manually
-deliver via c-section
http://pregnancy.about.com/od/breechbabies/a/breechbaby.htm
Also helpful Wink
Im doing well thankyou just waiting till friday.. xx

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to:  

Community

Popular