Gestational Diabetes

KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:50 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks hun. Yes, I know there's options. I'm just trying to limit complications as much as possible to have the best hope of a natural birth on the midwife led unit which is so much nicer (and only just upstairs from the consultant led unit).

How are you feeling? xx
Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:11 am 
Post subject:
Very understandable Smile

im feeling quite well thankyou, done shopping and was HELL traffic jams with trolleys everywhere lol but apart from that im doing well Smile im feeling like a hotdog tho Confused Wink xx

AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:17 am 
Post subject:
Bless you. It's summer here atm so I'm feeling v. hot too. Not as hot as there I'm sure! xxx
Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:43 am 
Post subject:
Whats the temp there??
Wasnt too bad here, was 27 degrees in the day but at night it got to 15 which was quite cold for here lol
you would be feeling more hot than other people who arent preggas anyway Wink I racked up a $600 electricity bill last pregnancy in the heat i had it on 24/7 lol oops! Laughing xxx

AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:33 pm 
Post subject:
The high yesterday was 27, dropped to 22 today (I feel bad complaining about the heat now...lol xx
Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:53 pm 
Post subject:
Lol dont feel bad! was pritty much the same in the high temps and you being as far as you are i dont blame you for feeling hot Laughing going in for my other bloods today so results tomorrow. I was sooo tempted to buy a test and partner said im crazy just cause i wanna see a dark line Laughing i didnt tho! Wink Hows your levels lately sweetums xx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:05 am 
Post subject:
All within normal yesterday, even the after breakfast one! Yay. I had one slice of wholemeal toast with some low fat natural yoghurt in a bowl yesterday morning so that seems like the way to go.
Glad you didn't get another test. Hopefully you'l relax a bit after blood test results. Hope you're feeling well. xx
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:55 am 
Post subject:
Ah im so happy thats its all good for the breaky! seems the way to go sweets Wink Very healthy aswell and very good for you and bub for your heart etc Smile

Yeah im glad i didnt waste more money on them tests but i was addicted Embarassed went in to do my other bloods today and got bruises on both arms haha Shocked Get to find out what the go is tomorro arv which is a bonus so i cant wait! ill let you know how i go and FX that its all going well! Im feeling good today thankyou think its cause i get to know the real deal 2moro lol Hope you have a great day/night! Look after self! seems you are anyway Wink x x x

AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:55 pm 
Post subject:
Yes, I think you'll feel much better after your results. Smile
Another good day today. DMW called me back and said it's perfectly fine to avoid carbs at brekkie if that plan stops working as long as I have carbs in my diet, so at least I have a contingency as hormones get stronger going forward. Smile I'm off swimming in a bit.

You look after yourself too! Smile xxx
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:28 am 
Post subject:
Aww im so happy for you! atleast you enjoy the breaky knowing it does no harm either so thats a plus sign Smile Hey its not far away now till you get to hold little munchkin! how exciting Roll Even im excited! haha

Ill be going to the docs soonish so ill let you know how it all goes Wink Hope you enjoyed your swim Smile Pritty hot here today so would be good to go for a swim here but theres no shade under the pool and gosh i hate getting burnt like toast lol id turn out like a lobster! Laughing x x x

AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:00 am 
Post subject:
Thanks hunny. Smile I'm very excited.
I realised yesterday that I'm very like Monica from friends. I was going to buy some gold star stickers and put them next to every day all my readings were within normal range. Laughing

Looking forward to hearing good news from you later. Good luck hun.
I'd fry if I tried swimming in the hot sun too - I was born in Britain for a reason - I' not made for lots of sun. xxx
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:38 am 
Post subject:
Id be more of a pheobe from friends lol Laughing
I say you should get some stickers least then you can look back and think 'wow im super good at this' lol Wink Couldnt get an appt till 7.45 tonite so another couple hours to wait! ahh soo impatient Censored Embarassed

I fry myself when im in the sun.. i went snorkling when i was bout 11 out on the reef and got chased by a sting ray lol funny and scarey but i was out snorkling for round 4 hours with my brother then when we got the back i was aching so bad on my upper legs (wearing short shorts) and got a near 3 degree burn lol had to take 2 weeks off school/ blisters/ walking like i was a gorilla round the house hanging off walls lol and now i have lovely little freckles on the back of my legs (hardly noticable now tho) Laughing im part english, spanish and german so im not a tanning type or id be as red as a tomato! well anyway ill let you know how i go and ill write down the numbers and make sure i get a referral for the 6 week ultrasound Wink Take care,, wish me luck!! x x x

Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:18 am 
Post subject:
Hey just got back from getting results and ALL IS GOOD!! thank god lol im in the range of 5 weeks and 1 day pregnant Wink and are doubling perfectly so thats the great news im happy about that Smile x x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:20 pm 
Post subject:
Yay! That's brilliant. I'm really pleased for you hun.
I spoke too soon regarding the readings. My lunch one was a little over today at 8.2. My lunch hadn't changed so I wonder if it was because I didn't have any yoghurt with my mid-morning snack of strawberries. I won't worry unless it becomes a habit. xx
Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:13 am 
Post subject:
Thanks sweets! Oh dear you were abit high Confused You jinxed yourself Laughing All good tho maybe like you said it could of been the yoghurt but just keep charting it till you know exactly what you need to eat so you can stay in that range and you will be in the hang of it so yeah dont worry till it becomes more frequent then you will know what sets it off Wink

My numbers were at
1st blood test 420
2nd blood test 970

So im happy happy! got the ultrasound referral but i wont make it till the 7th July to see the little blob Laughing Smile x x

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to:  

Community

Popular