Gestational Diabetes

KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:57 pm 
Post subject:
Aww bless. You'll find that will fly by. Just take care of yourself in the meantime. xx
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:24 pm 
Post subject:
Woo hoo. Diabetes midwife says my sugars are good, nothing to be concerned about there.
Baby's heartbeat good (heard it again today. Very Happy ) and baby is now in a head down position. Wooooooooo hoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

How you doing Snooks?
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:27 am 
Post subject:
WOOOO! Ahh thats great news Kaz!! Very Happy Soo happy for you and bubba Thumb up Excited

Seee, everything works out for the better dont it ? Wink
What a great moment to hear your babys heart beat hay?! makes me more impatient and want to hold them at that moment haha

And your sugars are great! soo happy for you with that aswell! i knew you would do all good cause you do monitor what you eat really well and bub dont wanna cause you any complications obviously Wink

Im doing great thankyou, i went for my first ultrasound yesterday and they were bloody arrogant but didnt let that phase me and my time lol not my fault they must have crappy lives and got to take it out on us nice people lol anyway they couldnt see the baby in there cause apparently im not far along enough for them to see and recommended coming back in a month time
Sad They could see the gest sac and he measured it to being 5wks and 5 days (from today) so i wasnt far off my own calculations Wink Laughing getting me confused tho cause i dunno when i would of conceived due to me thinking i knew when my ov was from the pains Confused lol my last period was 26/05/2014 and lasted 6 days and 'thought' i ovulated the 6-7th of June but the dates of the sac dont work out so who knows when i conceived! haha

anywho take care of yourself Wink

x x x

AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:39 am 
Post subject:
Sounds frustrating but give it time hun. xx
Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:51 pm 
Post subject:
Smile
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:42 am 
Post subject:
Hey Kaz,

Just popping in to see how your doing Very Happy
Im 7 weeks today according to lmp lol so im hanging in strong Wink
Anywho hope you and bub are doing great and wow you havent got long till bubba is born! eeek

x x

AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:53 am 
Post subject:
Hey hun. Glad you are hanging in there. Hope you are feeling relaxed, chilled and well.

We're doing ok thanks. My fasting results started to creep up so I have been advised to eat last thing before bed. Makes me feel sick every morning but my morning readings have been within normal ranges since. Diabetes midwife said she'd put me on metformin if that didn't work but was reluctant to as would mean inducing at 39 weeks instead of 40.
Basically, in 7 weeks, I'll either have had the baby, be in labour or it'll be induction day. Eek!

When do you next have an appointment? xxx
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hey yeah im feeling a hell of a lot more tired at night now, from feeling tired round 2am to now atleast 11-12 haha bit of a difference and more sicky feeling but nothing major Wink

Im glad to hear that your levels are going back to normal hunny but if you gotta eat before bed to make sure its all good then theres not much you can do but feel a little sick Embarassed (wish you didnt haveto tho!)

Oh and good thinking about the metformin, you dont want to bring on labour earlier if bubs not ready go im happy for you there Wink Theres no need for it now anyway soon as your doing well and levels are at the norms without inducing early Smile

7 weeks is not long at all!! Thats like from when i last had my period till now! time is absolutely flying by and will do with you too! Ohh i cant wait to see how you go Excited You cant ditch me and run off once bub is born you have GOT to let me know how you and bub are! but i do completely understand if you want to chill out for a while first so dont worry i dont expect you to run back straight from hospital and get on the computer lol

Errrm im not sure when my next appt is but they said to come back around the week 8 mark but im thinking of leaving it abit longer, maybe week 10-11 just so i can see more in the ultrasound but who knows, when the time comes ill prob give in and just go lol

Take care! so excited for you! xxx

AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:24 pm 
Post subject:
Aww, horrible morning sickness setting in for you. It's a good sign, even if it is a pain.
Pregnancy is just one big tiredness sandwich isn't it!
Feeling sick in the mornings is well worth it. Being the summer here doesn't help. A nice cold ginger ale helps on both counts though (low-calorie of course).
Hopefully with guidance I can get to the end without needing any diabetes meds.
7 weeks really isn't long. I have maternity leave starting in 2 and a half weeks. Lots to do to prepare for the baby so hoping to have the energy to sort some stuff once I don't have work to contend with.
I will definitely be back to update you on us once Squishy gets his/her proper name. Laughing
Apart from anything, I want to know how you're getting on. It's so exciting isn't it!? Clap xxx
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:25 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah thats true cause when i went to the doc, she said its a good sign if im feeling all the sickness etc as the hormones are working well etc so im happy im sick! Laughing

Its a bloody huge tired sandwich! ahh im already dreading the labour but thats ages away lol i already have names in progress haha (i know i know im wayyy ahead of myself)! For a girl - Layla and Boy- Kayden.. Never know i might change my mind but im quite fixed on them.. Wink

Oh nothing worse then being sick in summer i feel for you BAD! i was full blown preggas in Autumn but sure felt like summer and was HORRIBLE! Love
I think you will do great and go full term without the need for inducing. Id say no myself to inducing early if its not completely needed so thumbs up for you there! I was bloody cleaning walls/ the roof/ scrubbing floors/ making everything perfect/dusting in the 'nesting phase' lol dont ask me why! i always did all the house work and looked after the OH in the process as in cooking and cleaning on a daily basis but that time when cleaning the roof was abit far fetched lol was funny.. Your a very strong woman for working while your this far you know, seriously! i dunno how you do it!

Ah even im real excited for the birth for you! Lets just cross fingers little Squishy hold in till the big day Wink xxxx

AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:58 am 
Post subject:
TBH, I'm hoping to be in labour before the due date otherwise they will induce on the due date anyway(the midwife does actually recommend this, she's not just saying it because she has to, so there must be a good reason they'll not let me go over).
I'm just hoping for natural labour at the right time now!
TBF, Autumn there probably is like summer here! lol xxx
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:48 am 
Post subject:
Yeah thats true.

Apparently midwives recommend not going over due date with GD as its common for the placenta to fail or deteriorate towards the end because of the baby being possibly large. Also because the function of the placenta begins to decrease towards the end of the pregnancy.

From my reading, from 39 weeks with GD babies the risks of perinatal death, placental deteriation and labour difficulties because of large babies increase dramatically. Theres more reasons to this aswell but thats what i gathered so far!

Maybe its something worth considering if all these might happen Embarassed Its all up to you tho! Wink

Im hopeing you go into natural labour tho myself!
Pritty cold tonight which is good! but gets pritty hot in the day, we took our son to the park and i went down the slide and on the swings with him lol i felt like a kid Laughing xxxx

AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:22 pm 
Post subject:
I am going to go along with the induction thing at 40 weeks - & will consider drug treatment if it becomes necessary(sugars still not under control after exhausting all diet options), so will need to consider earlier induction then. I will be doing everything I can (that the MW has advised is safe) to encourage natural labour from 37 weeks to avoid having to be induced though.
Only thing I'm going against recommendations with is giving birth on mw-led department, not consultant led - one is literally on top of the other anyway - they're not seperate like some are. Diabetes midwife personally doesn't see the problem with that, but has to recommend CLU as the NICE guidelines state that they have to advise to give birth in hospital (which I am, considering they are both in the hospital building). xx
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:55 pm 
Post subject:
Well i am happy in a way that your wanting to be induced at 40weeks which is safer for bub. Thats a good idea to even the midwife agrees its safe to try bring on natural labour so i think also to go for it Wink

Do alot of googling on how to bring on natural labour and if any mentions foods to have, just make sure its something you CAN have and is safe.

I cant also see a problem in giving birth where you want if there just right ontop of each other anyway and atleast its not ages away and as you said, seperate. Id trust in the Diabetes midwifes words too, if she says she cant see a problem then i wouldnt worry over it cause to them they would know the real dangers about it and if its all good to them then your good to go. Guess its just a guideline they must go through tho which is good and they do say its rocommended giving birth in a hospital (which you are) and considering the other unit is right ontop they obviously cant see a major risk in it so least you should be abit more happier.

Geeze not long at all till you try natural labour then! eeek x x

AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:13 pm 
Post subject:
No, really not long. Shortly after I stop work. Hope you're doing good? xx
Page 5 of 6

Jump to:  

Community

Popular