Constant rib, back, and hip pains

cattattoo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:11 am 
Post subject: Constant rib, back, and hip pains
Hi, this is my first pregnancy. I'm currently 32 weeks pregnant. I work out 4 times a week, including walking, my blood pressure is very good, I eat pretty healthy, and I am currently not working. I've been having horrible rib and back pains all day everyday. It hurts just to breath, so I feel like I can't take a deep enough breath. Then I start to feel like I'm going to have a panic attack because I can't breathe enough. It almost feels like my ribs are bruised. Working out usually helps my breathing and my back, but then the rest of the day, it still hurts. All night, my ribs, back and hips hurt, causing me to flip from side to side every twenty minutes. Also the side that I sleep on, will go numb and wake me up because it hurts from being so numb. I sleep with three pillows at night, but it doesn't seem to help. I've taken warm baths before bed, and it only helps for a short period before I fall asleep. Does anyone have any advice for me to help with these pains? Also, should I be concerned with my body going numb? I plan on talking with my Gyno next visit, but I just want to sleep so bad Confused
XxSnooksxX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:32 am 
Post subject:
Hey

i dunno what to advise you about sleeping but i had the same rib pains and breathing etc all that your saying when i was pregnant with my son and its not fun aint it! haha Laughing Me being pregnant again with bbay #2 im dreading all them moments and cant wait to feel them again NOT Very Happy

I would just going for little walks a day as some exercises your doing may hurt your joints more. At the end of the pregnancy i couldnt do [*@!#%*] and i liked to exercise too but i just couldnt as the pain was that bad even my sleeps aswell but when i rested more and kept eating right and plenty of water then i got better sleeps and pains were reduced but not gone. Sorry i cant be much help but thats all i can really say Confused I usually sleep on my belly but obviously couldnt at that stage lol but i got this pillow that is the length from head to just past knees so i pretty much layed on my side, head on 2 pillows, 1 leg over the pillow and rested belly on it and got so good sleeps! long pillow but worked wonders for me especially the painis in my belly and joints. Give that a try if your shops sell them? Wish you luck! xxx

AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:22 pm 
Post subject:
As Snooks says, the pillow trick helps.
It is just normal 3rd trimester stuff. Not too long now though, so don't worry. x
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:39 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you for the advice! I have that long pillow meant for pregnant women. Maybe I'll try and rearrange my nest of pillows haha.
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:41 pm 
Post subject:
That's al we can do - fidget 'til we're comfy. Smile Then we get unconfy and have to fidget some more...lol x
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:13 pm 
Post subject:
lol sucks trying to sleep when your not cumfy and especially when at night when i was falling asleep then the baby would move round and keep me up some more Laughing THEN came the full on nights getting up 5 times feeling like my bladder was going to explode lol

Ahhhh pregnancy is such a good and sukky thing Laughing Glad you have that pillow for preggy women its the best i think but doesnt take away ALL the pain. Hope you feel better soon! xx

Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:16 pm 
Post subject:
A nest of pillows sounds sooo good doesnt it tho! Laughing
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular