How much to eat

Bobby123
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:48 pm 
Post subject: How much to eat
Hi All,

My self and my wife are new members on here and just want to say hello, we are 8 week in to our pregnancy.

We just wanted to find out if my wife was to eat a 213g of Wild Pacific Salmon with veg in a curry, should she be eating half the portion as meal, as her 2 portions of a week that she needs?

Thanks

Bobby
MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:52 pm 
Post subject:
I personally wouldn't get hung up on exact guidelines (other than alcohol etc) during pregnancy as depending on who you see, what year it is etc the advice keeps changing. And until third trimester she should aim to not eat anything more to compensate (easier said than done as hormones can make you need to eat). With regards to fish just like usual, you shouldn't over do it and aim to continue with a balanced diet.

I ate what I could do given my symptoms and no doubt ate wrong foods sometimes, and I don't believe my diet had anything to do with my children's growth or development in utero

Xx

Bobby123
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:15 pm 
Post subject:
MrsOz wrote:
I personally wouldn't get hung up on exact guidelines (other than alcohol etc) during pregnancy as depending on who you see, what year it is etc the advice keeps changing. And until third trimester she should aim to not eat anything more to compensate (easier said than done as hormones can make you need to eat). With regards to fish just like usual, you shouldn't over do it and aim to continue with a balanced diet.

I ate what I could do given my symptoms and no doubt ate wrong foods sometimes, and I don't believe my diet had anything to do with my children's growth or development in utero

Xx

Thanks a lot MrsOz,

That is a big help, maybe we are just being over cuatious as this is our first child

Thanks again

Bobby
MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:53 pm 
Post subject:
I was with mine. Sometimes reading too much is bad for us and means we can't actually enjoy the moments.

Congratulations by the way

Xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular