Moths (Urgh)

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:48 pm 
Post subject: Moths (Urgh)
I have recently discovered a carpet moth infestation in my house. (horrible and makes my skin crawl thinking about it)

I had ordered some rentokil powder, but after googling discovered it has the identical ingredients to the cheap ant killer powder I already have! I have covered the areas where the worst infestation is and sprayed lightly over the rest of the carpet. Fingers crossed this will help.

Now the problem is the carpet in the worse area is literally falling apart on hoovering, I have ordered some samples and priced up a new carpet. But I rent privately so would I be expected to pay for the replacement carpet, or would my landlady?

To replace a similar colour carpet will be around 250, which I dont mind paying some towards it.

Hana22
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:30 am 
Post subject:
I feel for u , i hate hate hate moths.

I suppose it depends on ur landlord/lady its always worth the ask.
I should think that they would do it for u, my sisters landlord paid to have her carpets replaced because they were really dirty and stained and told they couldnt be cleaned because the pile had gone in them so he sent her carpet shop to pick some and he paid. But then my old landlord wouldnt do a thing , the carpet was terrible and didnt fit the room properly and my daughter used to catch her feet in the spikes by the door he told me id have to pay for it myself. I didnt do it cos that would if been over 300 pound but i wasnt planning on staying for to long because house was in appailing condition , no wonder if he wouldnt do repairs or nothing.

Depends if u have a nice landlord that would help. Best of luck with the moths and Carpets must be horrible for u.

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:56 pm 
Post subject:
iv spoken to my landlady and she has been lovely about it, she said the carpet was probably due a change anyway Very Happy

Only downside is she wants to go to a carpet auction but as she runs a B&B she is in peak season and cant get to it until september Sad

Im pretty sure I have killed the moths so dont feel too bad, and can hide most of the damaged carpet with furiture

teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:43 pm 
Post subject:
Would you be able to live without it till then? You could give the floor boards s clean and put a rug down?
We did that when we couldn't afford carpet and it just felt cleaner than the old carpet in?
Hope you get dotted soon xxx
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:37 pm 
Post subject:
teehopes wrote:
Would you be able to live without it till then? You could give the floor boards s clean and put a rug down?
We did that when we couldn't afford carpet and it just felt cleaner than the old carpet in?
Hope you get dotted soon xxx

I was going to rip the carpet straight up but its not floorboards, its a concrete floor, very uneven and not in good condition, so I dont want to be living in dust. Sad

iv managed to cover the damaged carpet with furniture but am on a constant cycle of hoovering and putting fresh powder down every couple of days as I hate the thought of more moths

teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:20 pm 
Post subject:
Oh concrete isn't good!! 😕
Oh that's good at least you got rid of them I hate moths with a passion haha 😢

Jump to:  

Community

Popular