Is it acceptable to take my baby to work with me?

As a self employed cleaner, do you think it is acceptable that my sons come to work with me instead of nursery?
Yes
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
No
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7
Michellewilliams87
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:01 pm 
Post subject: Is it acceptable to take my baby to work with me?
Hi, I am a self employed cleaner and I have a one year old baby boy. Before my son was born I had planned to send him to nursery from 4 months old so I could carry out running my cleaning business. I looked around quite a few nurseries but just didn't feel that any of them could provide the same "love/ care/ attentiveness" that I could provide my son. So now 1 year on- I still take my son to work with me when I am doing domestic cleaning. However, this means that he has to have his naps in his car seat whilst I'm working and travelling around a bit in the car. The main bonus to this is that my son is always with me and we a relaxed morning schedule where we don't have to rush to get to nursery. My work schedule is not set as sometimes I get extra jobs. Do you other mums think this is a good idea that my son is always with me during the day or do you disagree with this?
lysianassa
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:43 am 
Post subject:
As a mum with her own business I don't recommend it. You need to be able to concentrate on your work and you cannot do that with a baby around you 24/7. If you don't like nurseries in your area why not look for a childminder or even a nanny?

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:17 pm 
Post subject:
I work from home so my kids are always with me. I plan to home educate also so they will be with me all the time. It's possible but it's hard work. Having said that though I don't need to go anywhere and I mainly work when the kids are in bed.

KellyB87
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:22 am 
Post subject:
Hi there, I think no matter what everyone says you need to try for yourself and see how you like it and your baby feels. Good luck!
KathG
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:55 pm 
Post subject:
If you can do both great, hat off to you your a better person than me lol. I just don't see how I would manage to give either my baby or my job my best if I had to do both at the same time. Plus if I hired a professional cleaner who came with her toddler or baby I would be a bit put out because I would feel I wasn't/ the job wasn't getting their full attention.

[/url]
EveSweetheart
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:25 am 
Post subject: Re: Is it acceptable to take my baby to work with me?
Michellewilliams87 wrote:
Hi, I am a self employed cleaner and I have a one year old baby boy. Before my son was born I had planned to send him to nursery from 4 months old so I could carry out running my cleaning business. I looked around quite a few nurseries but just didn't feel that any of them could provide the same "love/ care/ attentiveness" that I could provide my son. So now 1 year on- I still take my son to work with me when I am doing domestic cleaning. However, this means that he has to have his naps in his car seat whilst I'm working and travelling around a bit in the car. The main bonus to this is that my son is always with me and we a relaxed morning schedule where we don't have to rush to get to nursery. My work schedule is not set as sometimes I get extra jobs. Do you other mums think this is a good idea that my son is always with me during the day or do you disagree with this?

I think, that if the situation is that you can't find an apt nursery, it is still better to have your kid with you all the time, than leaving it at some place you don't trust. Maybe you could sometimes arrange with your relatives, and divide the baby's time with you at work and time at your relatives'. Wish you luck with this!
EveSweetheart
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:26 am 
Post subject:
XxAvasmummyxX wrote:
I work from home so my kids are always with me. I plan to home educate also so they will be with me all the time. It's possible but it's hard work. Having said that though I don't need to go anywhere and I mainly work when the kids are in bed.
WOW you are doing right!
franceenxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:37 am 
Post subject:
Honestly you will never find ANYONE who will love and care for you son the way you do! Your his mum and he is your number 1! With that said though I think the benefits of your little one attending nursery are worth it! When I first put my son in nursery I used to worry and phone up to check he was ok, which he always was! He loves nursery now it's given him so much more confidence and independence plus a few little friends! I'm sure there are lots of benefits to being with your children 24/7 and home schooling them but for me personally i feel that they are missing out on so many more life experiences! Everyone is different tho so do what feels right for you x

XxSnooksxX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:01 pm 
Post subject:
This is my idea but personally i love the idea of taking the kids everywhere cause were mums and we always want our babies close!! haha

BUT when it comes to cleaning the only worry is are you exposing your baby around chemicals, dust etc? Babies cant be breathing in chemicals and all the dust cause it can do harm.

You never know till you try maybe taking you baby to a nursey cause he/she might love it! When i was real young and my mum put me in kindy or a nursey, and i remember being dropped off and cried and cried and cried till they rang up my mum and said shes non stopped crying for you and in the end i got my way and never went back till i was older and went to primary hahaha what a great 1 day for me!

Laughing

But its all up to you in the end
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular