Asthma

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:35 pm 
Post subject: Asthma
Iv been back and forth to my doctors over the past couple of months with a chesty, but unproductive cough. It started as a cold, but then I still had a rattly chest for weeks after.

Iv had 2 lots of anti biotics, a chest x-ray (clear) and tablets to help with my indigestion and acid (which have caused a stomach upset) and still I am no better.

My chest feels less clogged, if that makes sense, but I am still having bouts of rattly coughing.

Doctor today has said I am wheezy and put me on an inhaler and has referred me for lung function tests to check for Asthma.

I dont feel like I have the typical symptoms of asthma, as I have no triggers as such, and dont seem to have the tight chest feeling.

Anyone else got asthma and what symptoms do you have?

KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:54 pm 
Post subject:
Sounds very similar to what happened to me. I just felt very wheezy and was coughing all the time (following a chest infection a few months sooner).
Pollen is a trigger for me - it could be for you too but as it's something that you are constantly surrounded by you might not notice. There could also be other triggers that you aren't noticing. They aren't all obvious. xx
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:51 pm 
Post subject:
my son is bad at the moment and ive been told its hayfever,especially as the pollen count is very high. i met a woman in my gym last week the same as you and her doctor believes it to be hayfever. hopefully its nothing serious
Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:36 pm 
Post subject:
I already suffer from hayfever, usually itchy runny eyes, and sometimes can be a bit snuffly.

The doctor said hayfever and asthma are connected.

I seem to be coughing less so guess the inhaler is starting to have an effect.

KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:30 pm 
Post subject:
Well that's good. Smile

Jump to:  

Community

Popular