depression hit me like a train !

gingin
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:06 am 
Post subject: depression hit me like a train !
hey girls, firstly i must say that i am not generally one for suffering from depression but yesterday i was a mess - something just hit me like a wave ! i was sick in the morning which didnt start the day well - and then i dont know what really happened - I have moved with my partner to a new life in Sweden and all of a sudden everything seemed very very grey i was extremely homesick i was sick of feeling sick and not wanting anything to eat - i was tired and for the first time i stopped everything and curled up on the sofa and watched tv ! its not natural for me to do this ! the other half was fine but i somehow finished the day crying myself to sleep !!
i am going to go home for a weekend in april to see my friends etc but i felt so guilty as i keep reading that everything we do and feel goes to the baby - i am trying to be so relaxed about everything "be smiley and happy" but yesterday i just couldnt do it - keep apologising to my tummy !!
i must add that in the big scheme of things our life is good !
i am hoping its the hormones ???? but if anyone else feels the same please write
cardea
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:09 am 
Post subject: crazy hormones !
Hi Gingin,

I would definitly say your hormones have a part to play in it !. However, you said yourself, you have moved to a new country and that in itself must have its own challenges, so as well as dealing with your physical and emotional changes with this i would not be too hard on yourself at all. Feeling sick all the time would get any normally upbeat woman down !
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:47 pm 
Post subject:
Im sorry to hear your blue. Moving house is stressful for everyone but moving to a different country must be 10 million times worse.

Try to keep yor chin up. I hope your ok and im here if you want a chat xx
gingin
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:09 pm 
Post subject:
thanku for these comments - its stunning this whole pregnancy thing - i was sympathising with elephants yesterday doesnt it take them 2 yrs to have a baby !! you'd think that in a modern medical world they would have something we can take to even out the hormones a bit - i was not myself at all !
took out some of my feelings on the builders this morning who rocked up an hour late - they also got told they have to finish today or they wont be paid !! hell hath no fury like a hormonal pregnant woman EH!
Marien
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:17 pm 
Post subject:
Oh Gingin I hope you are feeling better today! It seems that you have a lot on your plate even without the pregnancy hormones. I have no good reason to be depressed (except morning sickness) but I still have bad days when I cry loads and I just hate everybody (especially men who don't have to go through this) so I think you're being very strong especially living abroad and having builders around! Well done for coping even if it doesn't always feel like you are Smile . I too am glad I am not an elephant! (Although beginning to resemble one already). Nine months seems like an eternity but I'm sure once it is over it will seem to have flown by (I hope!). Anyway I think our hormones are definitely to blame for our moods so don't worry, you're not mad, just pregnant! And yet again I have to say that I believe WHOLEHEARTEDLY that if men had the babies there would be a cure for hormonal problems Laughing Take care and give yourself a hug from me! Marien xx
cardea
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:25 pm 
Post subject: Gingin
Hi Gingin,

how are you feeling ?. I could do with your help at the moment myself! I've got carpet fitters, window fitters and builders to handle this week ( with only 2 weeks and 3 days to go until my due date i am getting slightly nervous that my waters could break on the new carpet as it is being fitted ! ) I've already been messed around with fitting dates and when they tried to delay it again they got my full rage !. I was suffering with depression and severe anxiety for 4 months before i found out i was pregnant. I have suffered from depression in the past and i had 2 very sudden deaths to deal with in Febuary within a matter of days that were totally unexpected. This seemed to set me back. I honestly did not think i could cope with my pregnancy when i found out and i totally freaked out ! I had a miscarriage 4 years ago and i think i was totally convinced it was going to go wrong again. I have been having cognitive behavoural therapy since 8 weeks into my pregnancy and i have no embarrassment about it at all. It took me until 6 months into this pregnancy to actually start getting excited and looking forward to the baby. So, when i say i really understand how you are feeling - i really do !. If you need to talk to anyone, please feel free to contact me, i will try and give you as much support as i can. also, everyone seems really nice on this forum and i am sure that you will get alot of support from them as well. Take it one day at a time chickpea ! XXXXX Surprised
gingin
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:05 am 
Post subject:
i just want to say a big big thankyou - to you all ! seems i am quite normal after all - you know i thought that about the MEN thing - i looked at J one evening and i just said you men really are lucky ba**ards !! 266 days is a bloody long haul to not feel yourself !
am going shopping and trying to get out the house in the afternoons - even if to take the dog somewhere new to walk !
i like the theory that if men were pregnant there would be a cure for morning sickness etc !!
xx
Marien
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:41 pm 
Post subject: Coping brilliantly!
I just wanted to say that Gingin and Cardea I think you are coping brilliantly with all that life has thrown at you and I hope I manage half as well when I have the builders in (tomorrow & for the next month it seems). WHY do they start so early?! I'm probably going to be sick on them, then they may decide not to turn up until a civilised hour (after 9am preferably). They haven't depressed me yet but that's because they aren't here yet!
Seriously though, I do admire the way you both just get on with things and the way you have both found ways to help yourselves cope with the depression you've suffered. Smile

I promise that if I find a way to get men to have the babies you'll be the first to hear! If they can grow ears on mice maybe there's hope for us yet! Laughing XX
gingin
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:32 am 
Post subject:
I have decided to call my midwife today to talk about this depression melarky - kept busy the last 2 days but now am exhausted and again got up today with a long face - didnt sleep so well -
isnt it funny how everything happens at once - its like me getting a puppy/trying to get a new business up and running/repairing a run down property ! & wham bam find out expecting - not that i am delighted its just as i said to my mum - when you have spent most of your life "doing" its alien to physically and mentally not being able to - its almost like someone cut off your arm or something !
i guess we all want everything done yesterday and when you know you have this "deadline" you become almost obsessed that everything has to be perfect by then !
i went to ikea yesterday and for the first time in my life i went into the children section of a store !! it felt so very surreal - but i fell in love with some adorable bedding and i so have to have it - it had tortoises on - and it was neutral colours greens yellows ! but my god how weird did it feel !
got rid of old builders - found a new one - all quite stressful in itself never mind the hormonal bit adding to the pile !!
oh and i have another earth shattering question - how do all these celebs have boob jobs and then have children - my boobs are expanding by the day and they are a tad bit sore i cant get my head around someone having additional padding in there LOL
LOL keep smiling ladies xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular