Worried please help

courtney1995
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:19 pm 
Post subject: Worried please help
Hey girls, I'm 17 weeks pregnant, 18 weeks on Tuesday, I got my first braxton hick (well hard lump on my belly) after sex last week and it was a decent size like vertical next to my belly button, I got another braxton hick yesterday but the lump moved, it was situated like a ball on my bikini line, and again tonight it's exactly the same.
The size is so much smaller, should I be worried? This is also first pregnancy so lack knowledge!!! Really worrying me now
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:47 pm 
Post subject:
Braxton Hicks are practice contractions, or tightenings of the uterus, generally occuring after 20 weeks.
Seems like what you may heve felt was foetal movement. If you are concerned about anything, speak to your midwife. I doubt it is anything to worry about, but at least they can put your mind at rest. x
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:06 pm 
Post subject:
I'm sadly 99% sure it was a braxton hick without any pain, can braxton hicks happen even if you've miscarried?
I shall be calling my OB in the morning but really stressing out about the size difference
Clairebear33
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:50 pm 
Post subject:
I may be totally wrong but it sounds more like a arm or a foot pushing you. I got these all the time when i was further along n feels hard lump then it would go.

I dont think i had braxton hicks but if they are like contractions its not like a hard lump, they will b painful pulls or cramps all over ur tummy. Not a lump i dont think
Xx
courtney1995
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:57 pm 
Post subject:
I'm only 17 weeks :/ I'm a little build so I'm showing really early, yeah I'm hoping so, like I have the baby bump making my stomach bigger but then after sex it's always a hard rock and recently it's just at my bikini line Sad I hope it's nothing, just being a worry wart
Hana22
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:50 pm 
Post subject:
Dont worry its totally normal im 18 weeks and get it all the time , same as u it happens especially after sex.
My belly gets the hard lump and u can physically see it and my belly goes all lop sided.

Midwife told me its baby moving position and not to worry at all its a good sign that baby is really active.
Happens after sex mainly because it all tightens and contracts down there does no harm at all infact baby actually quite likes it so ive been told Smile

Hana22
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:52 pm 
Post subject:
Dont worry its totally normal im 18 weeks and get it all the time , same as u it happens especially after sex.
My belly gets the hard lump and u can physically see it and my belly goes all lop sided.

Midwife told me its baby moving position and not to worry at all its a good sign that baby is really active.
Happens after sex mainly because it all tightens and contracts down there does no harm at all infact baby actually quite likes it so ive been told Smile

XxSnooksxX
Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:00 am 
Post subject:
im 110% sure its not braxton hicks as they are contraction type pains and and ive had a baby and now preg with 2nd so i can tell you now its def not braxtons lol Like the lovely girls here said, its most likely the baby moving and you would be feeling bub at around this stage too.

Braxtons come with pains not without. Least now you know that your all good chikky Wink
I knew even without asking what your explaining as it goes all offsided cause i could feel my baby moving around and that explained to me why i looked uneven lol

Keep calm and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy Wink x x

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular