moving house

JenMatthews
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:11 pm 
Post subject: moving house
So I feel like I haven't been on here for ages!

But I need help, We've just moved out of my mother's house, and me and Ava are living on our own. I feel like I'm adjusting to life well but Ava, not so much. She keeps asking to go 'home'. And gets really upset when I try to explain that this is home.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Do I take her back to my mums house to visit or try and avoid it until she's settled here?
I'm struggling with her behaviour, which has gone downhill since moving here last week. I feel useless Sad

XxSnooksxX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:34 am 
Post subject:
I havent had a same situation but i feel for you and dont feel useless!

You can maybe try these?-
Tell Ava either..
'This is our home now and nannas/grandma etc place is not ours nomore its her house' geeze that sounds stupid lol but could word that better than i can atm lol
OR
I think to try not avoid going there and maybe going back there would be a perfect idea from time to time and get your mother to tell her that this place is nannas and her home is with mummy in the new place and she can come and visit still.

Now i feel useless!!! Laughing Trying to make some suggestions tho Embarassed Can try getting your mum to buy her some toys or something of hers that Ava likes and she can look at it and feel like your mum is still around and she might be more comfortable in the new home. AHHH im stuck lol hope im helping you, if not tell me to buzz off lol

xx

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:25 am 
Post subject:
Sorry for the late reply!
Brilliant suggestions Smile
I feel like she is just so emotional!
The other day we went to baby group and she bit a child!! That's so unlike her Sad

I think I'll do what you said and take her back every so often . That makes sense Smile

Thank you!
xx

XxSnooksxX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:13 am 
Post subject:
Nawhh poor munchkin but its neither of your faults Embarassed

Shes trying to adjust and playing up abit maybe.. But i really do think if your mother had a chat to your daughter about it all each time then might help your little one adjust abit more quicker and easier Smile

Hope it all works out for you both!!

xx

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:30 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry for late reply again, I'm not getting email reminders!

She's much better this week thankfully, after going back to see my mum a few times.

Thank you for your support!!

Smile Smile Smile xxxx

XxSnooksxX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:38 pm 
Post subject:
Your very much welcome sweetheart!
Hey im not getting any reminders too!! lol
Well im soo happy shes getting better Embarassed
All the best to you and your daughter Wink Smile Smile xxx