falling apart

lilypie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 6:21 pm 
Post subject: falling apart
I hadmy daughter 4months ago and since then it feels like my whole world has fallen apart. She is far from easy it feels like we get over one hurdle another pops up from day one she hated milk weird I know she also has reflux so that's a bundle of fun. She has had several cold a chest infection so its one thing after another she crys none stop all the time. So its hard work I also have another son so its as train managing the two if them . I feel like I am constantly bat taking with my baby to get her to take her milk or to just be calm. I feel like a bad mum all the time I can't split myself in two to be with my son and daughter at the same time I just can't handle it I love her but sometimes I just wish I could curl up in a ball or just run away from all of this my daughter was not planned a the month I concived I had decided to stop trying for a baby then I found out I was pregrant so that was asupruse. I feel lime nothing I do is Good enough I am struggling to be happy and just be mum to her because all I feel like I am doing is doing a rubbish job' with my son it was so east he feed great slept well and was such a happy baby. But with my daughter nothing I do pkzs her
Madness
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:15 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, how are you feeling today? Have you spoken to your doctor or health visitor about how you feel?
Your little girl sounds like hard work Hun and you could be suffering from postnatal depression which doesn't make you a bad mum and so many of us have suffered with it. Do you have any friends or family that could maybe care for your little girl just for a couple of hours a week? Maybe you could alternate it so that one week you spend that time on a 1to 1 with your son and the next week you have some "you" time and have a massage or get your nails done or just go out for lunch with friends?
I remember feeling what you have described when my 2 youngest were little. You will get through and things will get better x
lilypie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:06 pm 
Post subject:
I will always feel this way as i have depression and yeah i probably do have the baby blues. So yeah it is hard for me to feel like in doing a :God job. As for talking to people i have my sis but i just don't feel that right now i can talk to her as she Haas many of her own problem so to add mind into the mix would be so unfair. As for talking to a doc no thanks all they wntto i is put u in tablets and they don't work for me and i don't want to be judged. It just fuel like one day something work with her an the next day it wont. So what do i do give up no i cant because in mum to these 2 kid. I hate feking like this like in failing my kids like i cant do good enough or them i just want the best for them society doesn't see it like in diving the best for them like i pulled my son from nursery as all they did was play outside no learning just out in the freeing cold weather so of course everyone got onto me about that . Sometime i i Wonder if it would be better if i did walk away
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:32 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun, I know you say you dont want to see your doctor because tablets dont work, but I really think you need to speak to someone. Maybe try different tablets, or counselling.

If you dont want to speak to a doctor how about your health visitor? they may be able to hel you with some practical advice on managing your daughters feeding problems.

My daughter was hard work as a baby, and I struggled with just one, so I do feel for you. Often I would need to leave her in one room and go into another to calm down.

Do you go to any baby groups, thats a good way to meet new people and your son can play and mix with other children.

bertgabby
Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:52 am 
Post subject:
I hope you've felt better since your post and able to enjoy your baby now.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular