Pregnant after mc last year and confused!!

eldraW
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:41 pm 
Post subject: Pregnant after mc last year and confused!!
Hi everyone,

Not sure if anyone remembers me, hope everyone's well though

As some of you may remember i had a mc last August (baby stopped growing at 5+6 but i didnt find out until i should of been about 7-8 weeks pregnant).

Well i took a pregnancy test on 14th July (last AF was 8th June but cycles can be slightly irregular) which came back positive, and then on the 16th July i took a cb digi which came back as pregnant 2-3 weeks, i started getting some weird discharge so was sent for a scan last week (24th July) but there was only a gestational sac with a yolk sac, there was no evidence of a fetal pole as they said it may be too early, so i have to go back for another scan next wednesday which will be 2 weeks from last scan... Now today (30th July i took another cb digi which reads 3+ weeks? I cant see how going from my last LMP the dates would work?

can anyone shed some light on my situation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Amy xxx

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:54 am 
Post subject:
Hi hun, didnt want to read and run. I really dont know about the CB digi's cause Ive never used them.

Have the doctors taken any bloods to check your HCG levels checked? I would say that as the test is showing 3+ its a good sign (i dont know if they show 4,5,6+ weeks).

Fingers crossed its a sticky bean for you hun, keep us updated x

eldraW
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:08 pm 
Post subject:
RacheynHarry wrote:
Hi hun, didnt want to read and run. I really dont know about the CB digi's cause Ive never used them.

Have the doctors taken any bloods to check your HCG levels checked? I would say that as the test is showing 3+ its a good sign (i dont know if they show 4,5,6+ weeks).

Fingers crossed its a sticky bean for you hun, keep us updated x

Thank you for your reply hun. The wait is really killing me. my dates seem to work from conception but not last AF xx

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:40 pm 
Post subject:
To be honest it all sounds okay to me :/ You probably ovulated late in your cycle. When it said 2-3 weeks that would have put you at 4-5 weeks pregnant which would tie in with what was seen at the scan and now it says 3+ which means 5+ weeks pregnant so I'd say all is good. The weird discharge could have been down to implantation x
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:45 pm 
Post subject:
nutty1 wrote:
To be honest it all sounds okay to me :/ You probably ovulated late in your cycle. When it said 2-3 weeks that would have put you at 4-5 weeks pregnant which would tie in with what was seen at the scan and now it says 3+ which means 5+ weeks pregnant so I'd say all is good. The weird discharge could have been down to implantation x

Thank you hun.

I guess im just so scared after last year when i had a mc. I thought they dates it from last af? goin off when i had my scan and taking the cb digi, i should of been about 5-6 weeks at scan?

xx

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:50 pm 
Post subject:
I can understand your worries Ive been there but I honestly think it sounds ok. Before 6 weeks all you will see is yolk sac and fetal pole, if you was under 5 weeks you would only see a thickened lining. All sounds good to me x
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:51 pm 
Post subject:
Have a look here :

http://www.baby2see.com/development/ultrasound_sonogram/first_trimester_scans.html#week5
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:54 pm 
Post subject:
But there was no fetal pole?

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:59 pm 
Post subject:
If you was 5 weeks then you wouldnt see a fetal pole, its so hard to date things properly so early on. Even sometimes by 5 and a half you cant. Its a good sign the digi is going up x
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:01 pm 
Post subject:
nutty1 wrote:
If you was 5 weeks then you wouldnt see a fetal pole, its so hard to date things properly so early on. Even sometimes by 5 and a half you cant. Its a good sign the digi is going up x

Last AF was 8th June and i think it was when we dtd on the 24th when i conceived... does that make sense? thanks for all your help xx

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:06 pm 
Post subject:
Yep I'd say that sounds right to me Smilex
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:14 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you. Waiting is just so not fair but I guess I will find out on Wednesday xx

Clairebear33
Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:51 pm 
Post subject:
The cb 3+ would mean since conception as nutty says hun. If u read the instructions there is a lil table that says docs will call it 5 weeks actually etc. i remember as i used one teice for this pregnancy. It tied up with my scan i had (private reassurance one) at 8 weeks - as it measured spot on.

Ive got first mw appoint 2m - now 11 weeks
We saw baby heartbeat at 6 weeks with first baby - so by wed they should see a developmemt so try not toworry hun. Cb going up is a good sign - means stronger levels which has got yo be good

Yeah im sure max reading is 3 weeks plus so no point doing another one

Fingers crossed hunxx
eldraW
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:19 pm 
Post subject:
Clairebear33 wrote:
The cb 3+ would mean since conception as nutty says hun. If u read the instructions there is a lil table that says docs will call it 5 weeks actually etc. i remember as i used one teice for this pregnancy. It tied up with my scan i had (private reassurance one) at 8 weeks - as it measured spot on.

Ive got first mw appoint 2m - now 11 weeks
We saw baby heartbeat at 6 weeks with first baby - so by wed they should see a developmemt so try not toworry hun. Cb going up is a good sign - means stronger levels which has got yo be good

Yeah im sure max reading is 3 weeks plus so no point doing another one

Fingers crossed hunxx

Thanks for you reply hun. Yeah I know all about the digi tests it's just the fact that my dates wouldn't work from last af. I hope your scan was cool 😊. So when you say your scan tied up with it, do u mean it toed up with what the digi said and not from last af? I can't be sure what they would of classed me at my last scan as was only measuring 10mm with no fetal pole etc. Xxx

sammie23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:38 am 
Post subject:
Pregnancy after m/c can be very worrying as many of us know, but too me that sounds ok, I went for an early scan with this one an they said I was only 5weeks when I knew I was 6..3days
Then at my 12 week scan they measures me an I was 13wks 3days,
Enjoy being pregnant!!!!Wink
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular