Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:18 pm 
Post subject:
really, I hadn't notice she was upset, lol! Laughing

katykitten
Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:42 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah I actually noticed her displeasure a few days ago and personally am quite annoyed at her response. What good has she done by replying to every single message with such animosity and accusations, surely following tracie's idea and quietly reporting the item will get more done and look much more mature.

I agree with her principles in spamming on askbaby but what is the need for throwing such accusations about without proof. By all means remove Gardiner88 for not following the askbaby rules but surely Mrs Springer need to be aware that not everyone on the internet is "A PED" as she puts it and I find it very offensive that she has acted this way.

This does not show a good reputation of Ask baby ladies to new and prospective members!!!

puss2
Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:29 pm 
Post subject:
i can understand what your saying katykitten, but i can see she/he Laughing is spamming and if she wanted to share her website, then she should have explained about who she is and her intentions in the first place and to be fair, she did post it on more or less every forum? and i`m also annoyed of people using this forum as a billboard. but hannah will sort it out, lets not argue about it hey? its been lovely and relaxed since the moderators have been in, lets not spoil that over a spammer. peace out!! Smile

katykitten
Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:38 am 
Post subject:
Yeah, I do agree with every comment made about Gardiner88 but to put it bluntly. Gardiner88 has disregarded one guideline but surely Mrs Springer has disregarded two!! And they are the first two guidelines on the list. Therefore I would like Mrs Springer's conduct to be addressed also. I signed up to Ask baby agreeing to follow these guidelines and so did Mrs Springer.

And yes puss I do agree that things have been calmer sincer the Moderators have been about but surely one of them could, and should have dealt with this issue three days ago when Mrs Springer originally posted her upset. No disrespect to any of the Moderators but I thought that was the whole point.

vmcg
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:26 am 
Post subject:
There are actually quite a few "members" who seem to promote other sites and sell things over the forums, also quite a few with opinions expressed that are very offensive and i have yet to see any thing said or done about them. All i can do as an individual is ignore them like most do on here until the moderators get their fingers out and stop it all together!
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:22 pm 
Post subject:
Whoa there to those insulting the moderators and asking us to "pull our fingers out" but I am a moderator and have a 9wk old son (we are not EMPLOYED by askbaby, we are just like you guys!!!!!!) to look after. I come on here as much as I can to monitor my forum sections but unfortunately I am not on call to sort out every single whinge and moan about comments. I have actually put in a sticky on the First Preg forum to PM me if there are any probs and I have had no emails so unless I sift through every topic all day every day I would never get to do my own job as a mummy!
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:27 pm 
Post subject:
good for you archie

i don't think mrs springer was out of line at all,
Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:00 pm 
Post subject:
ALSO spammers are constantly reported by moderators and forum leaders in our special section which isn't visible to the rest of the members. Spamming members are emailed privately and asked not to do it again in case they are genuine members who have made a mistake and if they repeat the offence their accounts are deleted. People who go against forum rules are also contacted privately as it not really askbaby policy to chastise members on public topics!

Oh and how are the moderators expected to stop spamming altogether????? Unless Askbaby was to put every new member through some disclosure exam when registering then how on earth are they supposed to know what they are going to post!!!!

This has really upset me as the site has had no arguments since the mods came into place and now we're getting moaned about cos you can't ignore a few idiots who post rubbish and who cares how Mrs Springer responded to a spam post?!! Is it really that important in the grand scheme of life?!

Thanks for your appreciation though, nice to know our voluntary hardwork is valued! I'll just go and spend all night scanning the forums so you know I'm doing my "job" properly!!!!
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:19 am 
Post subject:
Now this is being taken completely out of context!!!!!!!

I have no problem with reporting scamming. In fact i agree with it. As I have posted earlier in the thread. I do not agree with abusing whom ever you see fit and acusing of being paedophiles with no just cause. Would any of you like it cos I certainly wouldn't. And yes I agree, how do you vet the system before you allow users to register. But in that case we shouldn't judge people in that way!

And who on earth said "pull your finger out" cos I missed that in the thread. I know moderators are voluntary and don't get paid. I also appreciate that you have lifes aswell but it was disappointing to see that none of the moderators or even any ask baby staff had commented on this issue until two week after it happened. It would have been nice for a small post saying "this has been dealt with" or " the members in question have been contacted".

Sorry girls but this issue has helped me decide not to continue being a member on Ask Baby. I refuse to agree in abusing people for no good reason and if that is the way this is going to be looked upon then I cannot join in.

Good Luck and best wishes to you all for the future.

MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:49 am 
Post subject:
katy i think you are blowing something out of proportion completely,

people disagree all the time why would it make you want to leave?
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:56 am 
Post subject:
Katy if you check above, someone clearly said:

"All i can do as an individual is ignore them like most do on here until the moderators get their fingers out and stop it all together!"

If you want moderators to publicly announce that members have been chastised and dealt with then that is not going to happen so sorry about that cos the site is not a witch hunt but any signs of spam and member abuse that is reported to askbaby from the mods and forum leaders I can assure you is dealt with very seriously . The links to the site were actually removed when it happened so action was taken but you maybe didn't see that. With reference to Mrs Springer, I cannot comment on any contact made to her about her comments because as I said before, it wouldn't be appropriate to witch hunt her publicly.

It's your decision if you want to leave Askbaby for this reason. After what I read in this thread I actually wanted to leave myself but I know the help I can offer far outways being offended once in a while. I'm sure the advice you offer is also greatly appreciated so I hope you reconsider your decision but if not then good luck for the future x
AskBaby Team
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:59 am 
Post subject:
Hi everyone,

In view of the last comment I felt it appropriate that I should post something.

Firstly, I just want to say thank you to Tracie85 for her message about Gardener88. If you can let us know either by posting here or pming me or one of the forum moderators when you spot a spam post it will be a great help in keeping the forums 'cleaner' for all of us. The quicker we know about an inappropriate post the sooner we can take action and prevent the thread from growing.

As Archie said the forum team do notify us when they spot a spam post and we do deal with it 'behind the scenes'. If you would prefer us to post something to let you know that an 'issue' (i.e. spam poster) has been dealt with then we can do so from now on.

Just to clarify the situation I also just want to reiterate what Archie said about the Forum Leaders & Moderators - they accepted these roles on an entirely voluntary basis and spend as much time on here as they can. As puss2 said, so far they have helped us keep the forums a much friendlier place for all our members and we certainly appreciate the work they do in our absence.

Katykitten - i'm really sorry to hear that you have decided to leave us & would hope that you will reconsider.

If anyone has any questions on this then please do pm me and let me know but I hope that clears things up a little.

Han x
HannahM
AskBaby Team
AskBaby Team
Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:08 am 
Post subject:
Just to let everyone know that Gardener88 is no longer a member of the AskBaby forum - I do hope that everyone can now forget this and from now on address spam issues by notifying the forum leaders or moderators rather than responding to them directly.

Thanks

Han
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AskBaby Talk -> Site & Forum Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular