STRESSED!!!!!

MummytoDevinnkelsi
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:33 pm 
Post subject: STRESSED!!!!!
Is any 1 on here having problems with their children? My son who was 1 2 weeks ago is in2 EVERYTHING right now,he's touching things that he shouldnt be touching eg, he pulled the cable of the wall that the man from sky stapled along the top off the skirting board,he will not leave the dogs food alone,he eats it!! he pulls my photos off the sideboard.and the hardest thing off all is when i'm goin 2 change his bum which i do on my knee as he just crawls away otherwise,he goes crazy and cries,kicks his legs,i have 2 give him sumthing and sumtimes it doesn't work.or if i pick him up 2 dress him he throws his head bak really hard in 2 my face and my lip was bleeding he is soo strong.
He has always been a really good baby but now he is getting so wild sumtimes it stresses me out as it doesn't matter hoa much i tell him no or thats its bad he just doesn't listen he always goes back.

Any1 any advice?? x
Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:11 pm 
Post subject:
Your baby is getting older, loves to explore and certainly dont want to be stopped. I know you listed a few thing that happened. And I can tell you I have the same problem with mine. We startet to make our home a childsafe home. At least once teh baby knows he cant open this cupboard or the dangerous things are out of reach, he wont want them. Try to let him explore (in a safe way) until he is satisfied. my son loved the kitchen cupboard with all te spice. i just out the spice up and moved something down thats I wont have a problem with when he plays with it. Think about the chances. You still can change it back once he grew out of this. You certainly will have a happier baby. You cant stopped him from everything though but it will help.
Another thing mine loves is pulling the books out. And when i have time i put them back up, at least he is busy fo some time pulling them back down. He will give up when he has enough. Just use old children books or something where it doesnt matter if he tears it. HeŽll stop tearing books later on anyway. Be creative! Give him a drawer in the kitchen, his very own drawer with stuff from the kitchen he can use.
Put the dog food somewhere else (if you can) We always feed the dog without him around. When the dog is finished we put it away. Hope that helps for a start

MummytoDevinnkelsi
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:20 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks so much 4 ur advice. I do let him play he goes thru in2 his own room and plays in there but its really hard 2 get up and down all the time and put tings away 3 or 4 times when ur 26weeks pregnant and have had a hard time with it.
As 4 the dog food our dog only eats when she wants 2 so if the food isnt there when she wants it she won't eat it wen i do eventually put it down. He is getting better 2day he has been so good,so fingers crossed its working.
Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:51 pm 
Post subject:
sounds normal to me. but i know how much it stresses you out. Robyn 18 months wont leave anything alone. She so crafty. If she cant reach something she will pull chair over to it and climb up to get it. She can open all the windows, we live in top floor flat very scary and will distroy everything she gets her hands on. cant take my eyes off her for a second. They do grow out of it my eldest stopped when she was about 2. She just got bored coz she knew where everything was and what it was for. Its just curisity (sic)
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:57 am 
Post subject:
I agree with zaara here - I think the only simple way is avoidance - that way not only is he safer but you remove the conflict of constantly saying 'no' and having those battles. Hopefully it'll lead to a happier family all round Very Happy

Jump to:  

Community

Popular