Fertility clinic info

Popska
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:36 pm 
Post subject: Fertility clinic info
Hi everyone,

Im a newbie here, but been reading some of your posts and thought i would see if i could get some help. Been TTC first child for a few years (although we had a break last year as we got married), but we have been actively trying again since Jan. We thought it would be best to get appointment with GP to see if we could get some help. He has referred us to our local fertility clinic and we are now awaiting the arrival of our appointment card. I am extremely anxious as i dont know what to expect (and have a terrible fear of needles), so i was wondering if anyone could let me know what is likely to happen.

Any replies will be much appreciated. Thanks x x
ellis
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hi popska

I am certainly no expert but I can tell you what happened when i was reffered by my GP. I underwent 3 test, one was a blood test (sorry I know you said you are scared of needles) and that was just to see whether I was actually ovulating and whether I produced the hormones necessary to conceive (taken at 21 days into your cycle), then I was sent for an ultrasound scan both internal and external and also a hysterosalpingogram (this is a radio-opaque dye which is injected to see whether your tubes are blocked or not). My partner had to have his sperm count and motility etc investigated (nothing quite as daunting as my tests).

Luckily all our test came back with good results and I must admit the only thing which was slightly uncomfortable was the hysterosalpingogram (mouth full I know, its HSG for short). We are still trying!!!

As I said I can only tell you my own experience, they may do different things for you as it will depend on the hospital, consultant and your personal circumstances.

Dont worry you will be fine.

Ellis x
Popska
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ellis,

Thanks so much for your reply. I know that sooner or later i would have to have blood tests done, so im prepared for that, but i wasnt sure of what other kinds of tests i may have done. Thanks again for replying, my mind is a little more at ease.

Good to hear your tests had good results and i hope you get your BFP soon!!

P x x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular