Work, ive had enough of their attitude

dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:42 pm 
Post subject: Work, ive had enough of their attitude
My boss has a really nasty stroppy PA. She rung me when i had 2 days off sick and called me a liar, so i went above her to my boss and complained and now everytime she speaks to me its like im a bit of sh*t.

They have given me far to much work, im really snowed under, literally i will not get it all done. Im getting really stressed.

Im so fed up, ive started writing a diary about the way they have been treating me. but theres not alot i can do, even if i did say they were pushing me out or bullying or treating me unfairly, its more his PA than the company.. Although i have caught them out on a couple of lies they have told me.

Im going home upset everynight with a new story to tell my partner about what they have done that day.

I just wana leave.. any advice??? xx
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:14 pm 
Post subject:
Aw Mikhaela that sounds sh*t and not what you need when you've got a growing baby to think about. If it were me I would go to my boss and ask what he thinks could help your stress, workload etc. Have you had a maternity risk assessment yet? If not this might be a way of discussing it with him and letting him know how much work is worrying you. If you have had one already you're allowed to go to your employer with any additional concerns you have so again maybe an opportunity there. Alternatively you could just kick the living daylights out of the PA and blame it on your hormones!!!!! Laughing
At my work, I have just covered maternity leave for my boss for a year and she has come back with me pregnant. All I hear every day is how she was up ladders wallpapering and going to the gym and sitting her driving test and blah blah blah when she was 5,6,8 months! I sometimes feel as if she is making out that I am lazy cos I am concious of lifting things and basically being careful.
XXXXXxxxxx
lindablair
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:46 pm 
Post subject:
that sounds awful... can you not maybe speak to your boss directly in private, or maybe speak to the HR department and make a formal complaint?
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:55 am 
Post subject:
Hi, thanks for your replies. Cjarchibald i have already had the risk assessment, which i will add the pa was in on, so i asked her to leave at the end to talk in private, dont think she liked that lol. Ive tried speaking to my boss when i was off sick and he said it was my hormones and i was probably overreacting!!! since then loads has happened so i might go see him again. Like you say though i could always kick the cr*p out of her and say well you told me it was my hormones that would teach them Laughing

lovelyalex i have written everything down with dates so if they carry on i wil think about puting in a formal complaint.

The thing is i want a happy pregnancy and i really am happy, home is amazing im with a great understanding guy who does everything for me. Its just work getting me down.

XX
erj74
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:12 am 
Post subject:
Sorry your having such a rough time at work - how long do you have to go?. Don't forget that you can always take some sick leave if you need to - have a chat with your GP or MW, stress is not good for you or the baby and I know that won't help with the workload but it may make your company realise that they can't take advantage of you. Your boss also needs to realise that not every pregnancy is the same! I woiuld also recommend having a chat with HR - they are very aware of the rights of pregnant women and making sure they don't abuse those rights so will most likely be very much on your side.
Best wishes

xx
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:48 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Mikhaela, I was just reading your later post with absolute disgust at your boss saying your hormones were making you overreact!!!! That's real grounds for a formal complaint as he's discriminating your concerns by using your pregnancy as an excuse. Put it this way if you had gone him him not pregnant with the same concerns he wouldn't be allowed to tell you it was because you were a woman would he?!!! What a d*ck! Excuse my language on this one but people like this make me really angry! The www.direct.gov.uk website has great info on this issue as they are not allowed to treat you like this. It also has the phone number for ACAS who can give you advice on the phone as to what you can do. I would be straight to HR armed with all the info I could get and sort this guy out before him and his precious PA (who I am presuming has never had a baby?) do it to someone else!
xxx Claire xxx
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:17 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your replies. ive got next week off, i cant wait to not have to work for a whole week! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Erj74 Ive got until end of may, which is only 3 months but time seems to be going so slowly. Im def gona talk to my midwife and see what she thinks about it all. I dont want the stress to harm my baby, work just isnt worth it.

Cjarchibald i was crying when my boss said it was hormones, which didnt help my case about being over emotional, but he did apologise in the end for being insenstive.. still i dont think it should of taken tears for him to see he was wrong. I will look on the website you gave me thank you and get some information on what they can and cant do.

The pa has 2 children, one 16 and one 18, and shes obviously forgotton what its like being pregnant, also if she didnt get headaches with hers it means no one gets headaches in pregnancy. Which she then tells my boss, so he thinks im lying.

Once again thank you everyone. i feel better knowing its not me xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular