Position of baby

alan
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:21 pm 
Post subject: Position of baby
Hi there,

We just went for our baby's 4th month check up and the ultrasound scan shows our little fellow curl up in an up side down position. The doc says the baby is growing fine but just curious about the position that its in. Is there any parents out there that have come across yours in the same postion too?
booter
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Alan,

I can tell you that my sis in-law's baby had one foot right up by her head and the other down as normal, so effectively she was doing the splits and that was from about week 20 all the way through to week 36 when she finally went head down, and she gave birth to a healthy little girl 10 days ago.

Don't forget that your partners baby has plenty of room to move about at the moment and will do untill about 8 months when (if it's her first) the baby will have hopefully settled in the head down position ready for birth (in an ideal world) as there won't be much room to change position by then. They get into all sorts of funny positions in there from here on so don't worry. I'm 35 weeks and even though I've been told he is head down I get movement in the strangest of areas.
Twinks
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:41 am 
Post subject: Alan
Don't worry the baby has plenty of time to move around, and will be doing flips and everything at the moment, so I wouldn't worry about the position just yet. My baby was lay across my stomach at one stage when I was 28 weeks pregnant. He is now head down and engaged and has been since 32 weeks Smile
cardea
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:09 am 
Post subject: baby position
Hi,

My baby was lying length ways until 28 weeks, then turned breech at 29 weeks, then at about the 32-34 week mark moved into the headdown position and has thankfully stayed there ever since !. Your baby has loads of room to have a good roam about at the 4 month stage, so i would'nt worry about anyhting until 32 weeks plus. Good luck.
alan
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:02 pm 
Post subject: Re: baby position
Hi All,

Many thanks for your prompt reply... Sets my mind at peace now... Laughing

cardea wrote:
Hi,

My baby was lying length ways until 28 weeks, then turned breech at 29 weeks, then at about the 32-34 week mark moved into the headdown position and has thankfully stayed there ever since !. Your baby has loads of room to have a good roam about at the 4 month stage, so i would'nt worry about anyhting until 32 weeks plus. Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular