Peanut butter?????

Marien
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:41 pm 
Post subject:
I agree! Don't think that'll happen in our lifetime though! Just copied this from a previous message I wrote on page 1 of this forum which backs up what the midwife and GP told me...

Firstly from www.direct.gov.uk

"Foods to avoid include:

peanuts and foods containing peanut products if you, the baby's father or siblings have certain allergic conditions such as hay fever, asthma or eczema"

And from www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/nutrition/foodsafety/peanutsexpert

"The UK government recommends that certain women avoid eating peanuts while they are pregnant. You are advised to avoid peanuts if you, your baby's father, or one of your previous children has had an allergic reaction to something."

It'll probably all change next week anyway as some new scientist discovers another reason why we should/shouldn't eat things we like, or, indeed, have any kind of normal life whilst pregnant! XX
gingin
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:41 pm 
Post subject:
well i am afraid i had peanuts tonight !! figured if baby doesnt like them it will order me to throw up like it did about the salmon we had for dinner -
none of us have allergies of any description so am just going to eat what i fancy - too much information is sometimes dangerous and i think there is a lot to be said for the recent articles
i am definately eating fresh fruit and veg - maybe not by the bucket load but am still not eating rubbish -
fingers crossed
judging by scan yesterday this baby is very happy and healthy already
g
x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular