sick to death

vmcg
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:17 pm 
Post subject: sick to death
I'm finding it to be a regular occurance on here that people are using the members of this site as lab rats, answer this survey, now tell me where you live, your age, what you do for a living etc. I'm sure that i am over reacting as the hormones are raging but surely its not just me who feels this way! I do try to ignore the people who constantly post these things but find myself increasing annoyed especially when people want to write their thesis on the experiences of people like ourselves on this site. If you are reading this and are one of the people who are doing this please consider the fact that a lot of us use these forums for genuine purposes and not for your own self gain. I'm probably going to be out of favour on here for a while and that fair enough but at the same time I feel much happier now that I have voiced my objection and concern.
xtine1985BScHons
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:28 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry I have to disagree!
I personally have posted on here asking for participants to take part in my study into post natal depression the reason I have done this is because I know alot people on here have the condition and would appreciate more research being carried out in this research area.
The research I am carrying out could actually contribute to the knowledge base already done in pnd!
As for product research isn't it a good idea for products to be better designed for us? And surely this is a good thing?

I'm sorry that you feel like you are being treated like a lab rat but that is not my intention and surely you realise for things to improve and for more to be known we need to ask people about their opinions and experiences etc

I;m sorry for the rant it's just very frustrating trying to sort these things out and I hoped that I had made some very good friends on here and these friends would help me out
Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:39 pm 
Post subject:
Most of those are a bit of fun, I find it no harm its not like our details are being harvested for fraud lol If I dont want to answer I move on, simple as. Very Happy Plus its nice to get to know the peeps on here, since we are happy to share are most intimate details im sure sharing our ages etc is ok. Confused

The other bits like xtine1985 have posted are fine with me also especially as she is a regular contributer to the site and tbh if I can help i will. If I dont like the look of something again I move on.
Leitia
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:11 pm 
Post subject:
Im not really bothered by them to be honest, Like Xtine said if the research done can help improve the quality of care/products/services etc then that is surely a good thing.

and if i dont want to answer a question then i just ignore it.

sorry just adding my 2 pence worth in there
Embarassed
MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:02 pm 
Post subject:
i agree there are loads and when you have been on a little while the same questions pop up but like the others said, if you don't want to answer it just move on
Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:40 pm 
Post subject:
yep i agree with u there amy.

Floop
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:23 pm 
Post subject:
Maybe if there was an 'introduce yourself' to the forum section or even a thread stickied in general chat, that may solve some of the common 'tell us about yourself' type threads. Very Happy
xtine1985BScHons
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:26 pm 
Post subject:
That could be a plan!
Saying that though once you've been on here a while you soon pick up on everyone's life stories anyway! Very Happy
Must stop the askbaby addiction!
xx
Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:37 pm 
Post subject:
lol I must admit I feel lost if I havent been on for 24hrs and I havent been registered that long Shocked Embarassed Very Happy
MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:40 pm 
Post subject:
Im on here way too much. I actually talk about you lot to my mum, in a way as if she knows you too, and shes like, who are you talking about Tracie?!?!?!? Laughing
Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:45 pm 
Post subject:
Lol I'm the same my oh says the same things!
xx
Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:50 am 
Post subject:
like I stated in my original post I too just move on and "ignore" posts that are offending my point was people seem to have ignored the basic guidlines set out by askbaby, funny though none of these peole has replied to this post so we'll never know their opinion will we.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Site & Forum Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular