Charting?

NoddysWorld
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:40 am 
Post subject: Charting?
I am currantly on day 40 after my m/c still no sign of AF.

I took my temp this morning to get into practise it was 36.15c is that normal or good?

Also when you OV does your temp go up or down? x
handbaglady
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:21 pm 
Post subject:
Hi!
The best time to start charting is on the first day of AF. You need to take your temperature at the same time every morning before you have even moved and got out of bed. Do not have a smoke or a drink, or even have a conversation with your OH before you have taken your temperature!!!!

All you need to do is chart your temperatures on a graph (if you have a look on line there are loads of examples you can download, or better still you could try a website like fertilityfriend where you just enter your temp and their software will do the rest).

During the first part of your cycle (before you ovulate) you should notice a general pattern of low temperatures, and then when you have ovulated your temperature will increase by more than usual and you will see a temperature spike on your graph. (It is important to realise that you will notice the temperature spike AFTER ovulation has occured, because your temp will go up after the egg has been released)

During the second phase of your cycle (the luteal phase) your temperature should stay high and when compared to the average temp before ovulation, the rise should be a 0.3 degree increase in celcius or a 0.5 degree increase in f. Obviously, we are all different and some women will have a lower temp increase, and some will notice a higher increase.

If you need to take a look at some charts, then below is a really good link to all different kinds of charts:

http://www.ovusoft.com/ourtcoyf/gallery/

Good Luck and I hope your charting goes well - It really is well worth doing!
Jo xx

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular