Cystic Fibrosis

Princess777
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:39 pm 
Post subject: Cystic Fibrosis
Hi everyone....

I am 15 weeks pregnant and very excited. Everything seems to be going really well so far.
I have one concern though....My partner tried to donate sperm about 15 years ago and found out that he was a cystic fibrosis carrier. I don't really want to have anything checked before the time, because I'm scared it will harm the baby.
Can anyone tell me how they test you to find out if you are a carrier? I asked the midwife and she didn't know.

Thanks a lot
chet
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:21 pm 
Post subject: No worries
My husband is a cystic fibrosis carrier as well the test isn't that bad. It's a matter of some blood work only. I am not a carrier thank goodness. I recommend you have the test done, my sister-in-law has CF and it is not something you want to be surprised about!!
roxyfoxy032
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hi this is a tricky one!! my brother has CF!! I know there are 2 tests 1 to find out if you also carry the CF gene and another to see if the baby actually does have CF. i know the test to see if the baby has CF does carry some risks!! i am TTC at the moment and i have a 1 in 4 chance that my baby will have CF i am in the same situation as you, once i do finally concieve i will have to make a decision to have the baby tested or not, as know CF isnt a very nice illness. My brother is now 16 and his heath is average for a person with CF, but my cousin also had CF and she died when she was 8 years old. so i know what you are going through!! hope this helps in anyway and if you want to chat more bout CF i am here for you xxx
vampalicious
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:19 am 
Post subject:
Hi, i know this post was a while ago but anyway...

to find out if your a carrier its just a blood test,
my 12 year old has got cystic fibrosis and when i got pregnant with my 3 years olds dad, straight away we got him tested it was all done by the time i was 6 weeks, so if he had of been a carrier i would have been able to get a CVS done, luckily he wasnt!
Theres no way i would ever put another child through CF, its terrible Sad

Chloe Jade 12
Holly May 9
Lacey angel 3
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:21 am 
Post subject:
hi princess,

sorry noone replied sooner i wasnt a member then so cudnt.

u will probs be around 34 weeks pregnant now.

how did u get on with the tests?

hope everything is alrite.

giv us an update if u can:)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular