Any chance of a contraception forum?

xtine1985BScHons
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:32 pm 
Post subject: Any chance of a contraception forum?
I know this site is about trying to conceive, being pregnant and having babies etc
But what about a forum about contraception?
Just think it would be useful for women who have had babies recently and need to think about what to use until their next one!!!
xx
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:17 pm 
Post subject:
excellant idea !!!! lol would recommend the coil after having babies........xx
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:33 pm 
Post subject:
brilliant idea. i`m with you on that hun. xxx

OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:56 pm 
Post subject:
Good Idea on the forum. I would only go for the coil if you dont intend to have anymore children though in the future ever! Clairex
xtine1985BScHons
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:19 pm 
Post subject:
Just thought it would be a plan
I personally had the coil fitted and get a little confused about afs after it etc
Would be useful to have somewhere where we could talk about it all!
xx
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:25 pm 
Post subject:
What a good idea, as i cant take the pill and was never offered an alternative by the doc!!
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:20 pm 
Post subject:
this sounds like a well needed forum!! lol
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:24 pm 
Post subject:
sounds like a gd idea.

Charlplusbabies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:25 pm 
Post subject:
God idea. However! (theres always a but with me)
The problem with contraceptives is that they can only be given under medical advice and by a professional. Advice needs to be correct and up to date.
So I feel that it would strictly have to be a discussion forum and it made clear that it is for others to discuss their experiences and not a forum that gives professional advice.
This could lead to conflicting views and information that may not always be correct.

clairesm wrote:
Good Idea on the forum. I would only go for the coil if you dont intend to have anymore children though in the future ever! Clairex

Claire please dont think Im picking on you, I promise Im not, but when I first read this I read it as that if I have the coil fitted - I'll never be able to have children again!
Obviously its my baby brain Laughing Laughing Laughing
However, we have a members who are younger and who may become confused by information that may not be correct, which can open a right can of worms

Were you thinking of a forum that could give advice? Or a discussion forum of personal experiences?

I do think its a good idea though, I find when women are discharged from hospital the contracptive future is very bleak and isnt really discussed until the 6 week check. Leaving woman in limbo really.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxCT Very Happy
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:36 pm 
Post subject:
I was thinking more of a discussion and advice forum not obviously medical information and I don't think anyone would offer that sort of advice anyway as is with the pregnancy problems one we always offer our suggestions but the vast majority of us reccommend seeing a mw or doc if we're not sure!
xx
Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:41 am 
Post subject:
I see what your saying curly, and I'd have similar concerns - BUT (there's always a but with me, too Wink) knowing most of the ladies who post regularly here, I think what we'd probably get is lots of personal experiences, which can always be useful.

Its a potentially touchy subject though, with a bit of potential to flare up into arguments, but I'd be happy to say see how it goes - we can always get Archie to moderate Wink that'll keep things under control.
Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:33 pm 
Post subject:
I do think its a good idea. I'm just a bit concerned because theres so much conflicting info about contracptives as it is. However ~(theres that but again) there are a few of us from different working back grounds and I guess that could go in the favour of it.
I think it needs a lot of careful consideration.

Its only made me wary because In did a contractive programme with teenagers once and the things they thought u could do with contraceptives were completely out of this world. And then I saw a similar thing performed with adults and it was far different, but they had their misinformation from here say and what others had told them!
In saying that, u are right. We are all very sensible and advise to seek professional advice.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Very Happy
Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya everyone,

Thanks for the suggestion - I've just read all your comments on this and was thinking that maybe instead of a forum specifically dedicated to contraception we had a more general one for postnatal health - do you think that would work?

Han x
xtine1985BScHons
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:55 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah that would be good!
Just noticed with a whole load of people who've just had babies or jsut about to it would be good to hear other people's opinions on post baby afs, stitches, aftercare and contraception!!!
xx
Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:30 pm 
Post subject:
It would also be good for those who are scared of becoming pregnant and need some help, especially young teens. I know we shouldn't encourage underage sex, but teens still have questions and worries. Most teenagers I know use the internet for most of their free time, and it would be a good place for them to get some support.

Also, I agree its a good place for new moms.
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular