Boy or a Girl?

GemmaB
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:36 pm 
Post subject: Boy or a Girl?
Hello everyone

Could anyone let me know, at what stage can you tell if it's a boy or a girl on a scan?

I thought it was 12 weeks, but a friend of mine is saying it's not until the 20 week scan.

Is anyone finding/found out what they are having or is it going to be a lovely surprise on the day? Smile

Gem x
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:50 pm 
Post subject: hi
yes it is 20 weeks i found out im having a boy good luck hun xxx
GemmaB
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:05 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for letting me know, I thought it was 12 weeks and really looking forward to finding out asap!

Ar lovely. Have you thought of any names yet? I would really like a boy.
Gem x
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:30 pm 
Post subject: hi gem
yeh im calling him lennox my other sons are brandon and logan xxx
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:19 pm 
Post subject:
I am going to find out at 31 weeks in a 3D scan and can't wait! I am 19 weeks just now and have my 20 week scan next week but they don't tell us in our region. xxxxxx
GemmaB
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:33 am 
Post subject:
That's a lovely name lisaken. This is my second, I have a 6 year old called Ella

I've heard that the 3D scans are really good. My partner knows a doctor who has one in his surgrey so hopefully I will get to have one as well. Let me know how your first scan goes! Smile

Gemx
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:36 am 
Post subject:
im going for my 20 wk scan on monday but dont want to find out.. what if baby gives us a flash????
izzy0308
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:19 am 
Post subject:
Hi

We do not want to find out at our 20 wk scan either.. therefore the doctor said we must tell him before the scan if we do want to know.. i guess if they know we dont want to know we he will avoid that region! Or maybe if you tell them you dont want to know they will avoid it to.

xxx
GemmaB
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:24 am 
Post subject:
I think you need to know what you are looking for in order to tell the sex. My last pregnancy I didn't want to know and told them that when I went into the scan. I wouldn't have been able to tell even if I was looking... They were very good and didn't let on the sex.
I want to find out this time so it is different and I can prepare things like clothes and painting the bedroom etc! I'm only 7 weeks but i'm so excited!
gingin
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:38 am 
Post subject:
we dont want to know - but if its obvious on the scans its ok - have no idea how soon you can tell though but i was just gobsmacked to see the heart beating i didnt pay attention to anything else LOL
good luck
xx
GemmaB
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:41 am 
Post subject:
Can't wait to have my 12 weeks scan, or to even listen to the hearbeat would be good.

Good luck to you as well Very Happy
Gem x
Dev
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:41 pm 
Post subject:
It is at the 2 week scan. I just had mine at 22 weeks and found out I'm having a boy! It's hard to wait that long, but you'll get there eventually.
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:59 pm 
Post subject:
When I was having my son 13 years ago I had scans 2 weekly from 30 weeks and it was so obvious it was a boy by that time - I found out at 20 weeks just aswell really they scanned me one week and the first thing we saw was his bottom looking straight at us!!!! Laughing I will be finding out this time I just cannot wait - am also having a 3D scan with DVD for grandmas and grandads etc, technology eh!!!
GemmaB
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:48 pm 
Post subject:
Sounds exciting stuff. I can't wait to find out. I am really hoping for a boy. I have a 6 year old daughter called Ella, my partner has two kids from a previous marrage (a boy and a girl) so he's ok with a boy or a girl. Has anyone thought of any names?

Gem x
cardea
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:06 pm 
Post subject: Baby boy
Hi ! I found out at my 20 week scan i was having a boy. My husband said he could tell as he saw the willy betwen his legs before i even asked about the babys sex ! I was so concerned about them finding any abnormalities i nearly forgot to ask !. i am glad i found out as i had been suffering really badly from anxiety that was elevated but the pregnancy ( very difficult previous miscarriage ) and finding out the babys sex to me has helped with the bonding proccess. its a personal choice and entirley up to you !.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular