Hello I'm new! And confused!!

kmparker
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:55 am 
Post subject: Hello I'm new! And confused!!
Hi all, I'm new on this site and find it very helpful! I've been off the pill since June last year and have been seeing what happens - but now i have decided to try 'properly' and look at dates etc! Problem is my periods have beed so irregular from 90 days to 50 days at the last one. Very hard to find out when i'm ovulating so have just bought a clear blue kit. It says I'm not but have the high temp and egg white discharge, i find it hard what to trust! does anyone else have this problem?
I also worry that I may have poly cystic ovaries as my periods are so irregular - my husband tells me not to worry as I've come off the pill, but I think after 9 months they should have settled down by now - what do you think? I don't want to over react but i just can't help being worried!
Thank you!
Katy xx
ellis
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hey katie
I know how confusing this can all be but just to show you that you are not alone I thought I would reply. I came off the pill about 18 months ago just to give my body a rest as I had been on it for 14 years. We decided to start trying and this will be our seventh month. Its very frustrating and soul destroying when you get your period but they do reckon it takes 80% of couples a year to conceive so i am trying not to worry to much. I was discussing this with one of my friends the other day who is pregnant and it took her about five month with irregular periods like yourself and she made a very good point- 'people would not say they are going to start trying if it always happened in the first month'. When I asked her if she was worried (and she is the worrying type) before she conceived she said no because we thought it could take up to a year and was prepared for that. I found that conversation very comforting. Apparently conception is a very complex biological process which may not go smoothly every month therefore there is only a 25% chance an egg will become fertilized per cycle. When you take this into account it becomes a little bit easy to see why it may not have occurred last month. My only issue what to change (if anything) to get it to happen the next month.

As for what you were saying about the ovulation kits i am not really sure what the answer is to be honest as I thought that I was ovulating from the cervical fluid a had noticed the other day but my fertility monitor (like ovulation kits) said I was not until the next day. The ovulation kits and fertility monitors by clearblue are meant to be 99% accurate and I am not sure how accurate cervical mucus monitoring is. Also they reckon that when a temprature rise is noted ovulation has already taken place, so go figure!!!!!

As you can see during my neurotic last seven months I have done a lot of reading. Try not to worry to much and if it will give you piece of mind go to your GP, bare in mind though they will only investigate you further if you have been trying for a year unless you have had previous gynae issues.

Try to enjoy practising!
Ellis x
tinkerbell123
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:21 pm 
Post subject:
HI THOUGHT ID GIVE YOU AQUICK REPLY. IVE BEEN TTC FOR 12 MONTHS AND IT IS VERY FRUSTRAITING AND UPSETTING EVERY MONTH YOUR PERIOD ARRIVES BUT WHEN YOU GET THAT LITTLE BUNDLE OF JOY IT WILL ALL BE WORTH IT. IM QUITE LUCKY MY GP IS VERY UNDERSTANDING AND JUST LAST WEEK GAVE ME A FULL MOT!!! (BLOOD TESTS, INTERNAL EXAMINATION ETC) AND EVERY THING IS FINE WHICH HELPED RELAX ME ALOT!!! HE HAS JUST REFERED ME TO A FERTILITY CLINIC FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATIONS SO FINGERS CROSSED. ANY WAY WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY IS RELAX AND HAVE FUN AND ENJOY IT Very Happy
TAKE CARE X
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular