Intrauterine insemination (IUI)

Jup
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:47 pm 
Post subject: Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
Has anybody had IUI? I've just been reading about it in my book and it says that some women choose this option before having IVF?
Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:45 pm 
Post subject:
my friend has had it 3 times hun so i know a little about it xxxxxxxxxxxxx

tubal reversal april 08
it worked!!!! i had 2 beautiful reversal babies
Jup
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:35 pm 
Post subject:
Has your friend been successful on her final IUI? Or is she still trying.
Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:40 pm 
Post subject:
she was successful on her first attempt but unfortunately it ended up eptopic and have to have a tube removed but this is gonna be her 4th attempt and before they will do it they want to put dye through her tubes again xxxxxxx

even though she had this procedure done before the iui xxxxxxxxx
they wont consider here for ivf cos she has a little boy and he has a girl xxxxxxxx

so this is their only hope xxxxxxxxxxxxx

tubal reversal april 08
it worked!!!! i had 2 beautiful reversal babies
Jup
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:44 pm 
Post subject:
That's sad. I hope they are successful on the 4th round.
Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, I had IUI a few months ago, the first month was on clomid but this produced 4 follicles so the hospital said this was too many to carry on treatment so this was aborted. The next 2 attempts were withough clomid but both failed. Just had a failed IVF so going to take a break and try TTC naturally, slightly optimistic since we have been TTC for 2 years but got to keep up hope I guess!! I hope is is successful of you xxx
oneparent
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:01 pm 
Post subject: IVF treatment
I was offered IUI but because of my age (40) research showed the likelyhood of pregnancy was less than 10%. If you're younger, it is a good option. I had a 'hycosy' which is the dye round your tubes, it's not a new ride a Alton Towers but at least lets you know if the sperm has a clear path or is going on an 'magical mystery tour'.

Started IVF on Thursday, got used to doing the jabs quick, had my first scan today. They have upt my injection dose as I haven't any signs of folicals at present. All a bit worrying. Nearly fainted at the cost of the injections (having to go private as 'old bird' but young at heart). But all be worth it if get baby at the end.

Single career girl, desparate to chuck in the career for a family, but not found the man of my dreams so now finding the sperm instead. I have to laugh! Or I'd cry, can't go in mothercare with out sobbing... Embarassed

Any one else currently doing IVf?
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:24 pm 
Post subject:
Hi oneparent,

not doing IVF at present, but did it 4 years ago for my 3yo. Found it stressful, but went to a good clinic and it worked first time for me. Shocked

I did mine at Care Sheffield cos it had a high pg rate. The care was second to none. The worst part was egg retrieval which i found extremely painful (so make sure you ask for good analgesia)

Any questions please ask & i'll try my best to help.

Julie xxx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
misshopeful
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:36 am 
Post subject:
hi everybody,

my partner and i are looking at doing IUI. been trying for 2 years. suffered an ectopic just over 2 years ago and had one tube removed. Checked out costs of IUI in Australia as that's where i live. hopefully your baby dreams come true.

Lots of babydust coming your way.
TF
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:36 pm 
Post subject: Re: IVF treatment
oneparent wrote:
I was offered IUI but because of my age (40) research showed the likelyhood of pregnancy was less than 10%. If you're younger, it is a good option. I had a 'hycosy' which is the dye round your tubes, it's not a new ride a Alton Towers but at least lets you know if the sperm has a clear path or is going on an 'magical mystery tour'.

Started IVF on Thursday, got used to doing the jabs quick, had my first scan today. They have upt my injection dose as I haven't any signs of folicals at present. All a bit worrying. Nearly fainted at the cost of the injections (having to go private as 'old bird' but young at heart). But all be worth it if get baby at the end.

Single career girl, desparate to chuck in the career for a family, but not found the man of my dreams so now finding the sperm instead. I have to laugh! Or I'd cry, can't go in mothercare with out sobbing... Embarassed

Any one else currently doing IVf?

Hi

Yeah, we had egg collection on 4th November, and I'm now 7+3 pregnant. It was our second attempt, and this one felt much tougher, but has worked, so worth it!
We were also private patients as I am also 40 (been trying naturally for 8 years with no success!), and used the London Fertility Centre which also has a good success rate.
How are you doing now?

P.S. we had three NHS IUI cycles before starting IVF - all failed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular