Loss of interest in food

Annika
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:48 pm 
Post subject: Loss of interest in food
My daughter has been on solids for a couple of months now, but over the past week has just bluntly refused to eat them - I haven't suddenly introduced anything new so it seems really weird and I wondered if anyone else had experienced this????
Zaarambar
Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:25 pm 
Post subject:
She is drinking her milk though, isnt she? Then just offer her solids if she doesnt take them she is not hungry or she is simply happy with the milk. If she doesnt loos weight she is fine. They sometimes have these spells so dont wporry if she still takes her milk.

Annika
Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:30 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for that, yeah she is still drinking her milk altho' even that is being a bit of a struggle at the moment, just think she is teething so a bit miserable at the moment......
Zaarambar
Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:35 pm 
Post subject:
If you think she is teething or maybe has a cold try to give her milk only. Even if she doesnt take it, dont worry. The body needs the energy to fix the problem and not to digest the food. thats for a cold now, dont know if that applys for teething, too.

PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:39 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah, Kaitin has a cold and has been off her food too. Ive just been making sure she has plenty of water and milk when she'll take it xx
Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:00 pm 
Post subject:
Oh babies!!! She has now decided she is off her milk too!! Taken about 400mls today in drips and drabs!
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:16 am 
Post subject:
how old is she annika?

if she has a cold everything might be pretty tasteless for her - you could try some slightly spicy food, or add herbs to whatever you make. She'll need plenty of vitamin C to help her fight off a cold, so you could try apple puree with a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg to give it a strong and interesting taste.
Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:50 am 
Post subject:
Hi

She is 6 months old - i really do think it is her teeth as other mums i have spoken with have all described similar symptoms at that stage, it's so sad 'cos there really is very little you can do for them!

By the way - she LOVES apple and cinnamon, a firm fave in our household!!!!

Think we'll just need to ride this one out, sure there'll be another milestone around the corner after this one lol!
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:01 am 
Post subject:
ah bless her

if you get really worried about her intake, try putting her milk in a tommee tippee cup. She'll need some help with using it, but Isaac tends to prefer fluids from the cup when his teeth are bad, I think cos the little spout makes a nice teethy toy Very Happy

hope things improve soon

Jump to:  

Community

Popular