kidney stones?

jessica828
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:22 pm 
Post subject: kidney stones?
has anyone experience a kidney stone during pregnancy? i have a sharp pain in the left side of my lower back...
cardea
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:41 pm 
Post subject: oh....
No, No kidney stones for me, however, i have been having cramping and sharp pain in the right lower side of my back and my first suspicion was a kidney/urine infection. At my last midwife appt she confirmed that it looked like an urine infection and sent off a urine sample to the hospital to be double checked. I would go to your GP with a urine sample and ask them to test it there and then for you. You can take certain antibiotics in pregnancy ( i had FOUR urine infections in the first 5 months of my pregnancy ! )
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:48 pm 
Post subject:
Same here. Not kidney stones but got a kidney infection confirmed this afternoon at the docs. Apparently it's very common. My symptoms are sore shooting pains in lower back at right hand side, dizziness and sore head throughout the day, fuzzy vision and peeing loads like i'm desperate (no pain) but not a lot of pee (soz tmi !). I suspected it a week ago but thought i was just being silly but it's got worse and i nearly fainted at work today.I would say the same as cardea and definitely get it checked out cos it can turn even nastier and irritate your uterus if you leave it xxxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular