dawniey22
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:58 pm 
Post subject: PLEASE has anyone been through this?early scan shown no sign
HI
i worked out that i would be six weeks
pregnant, going from the first day of my last period!
i had some light bleeding (only when i wiped myself) on sat.
after going to A&E on sat Cblood took, and hormone levels high), they refered me to the early prgnancy clinic, where i have been today.
i had an ultra sound and internal scan, but there was no sign of pregnancy, my blood was taken again and was high, so i have to go back on wed for blood taken again! they said it could be possible that it has not come out of the tube yet (meaning i am earlier pregnant than i thought) or an etopic pregnancey! has anybody else been threw this??
please comment i am trying t stay positive but my worlds crumbling
dawniey22
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:22 pm 
Post subject:
if it was an etopic pregnancy then wouldn't u be in some sort of pain or discomfort??? i had pains when i was only 4 weeks, so had just found out i was pregnant. i had the blood test done on a wednesday and again on that friday to check that the pregnancy hormone had doubled, which is what its supposed to do every 48hrs.

everything had doubled and was told everything was as planned but i had a 7.5week scan just to check on baby, and all was fine again, and baby had strong heart beat.

i never got the internal scan, or a normal scan when i was 4 weeks as i was told that everything would be too small to see anything.

i really wouldn't worry as when u had ur last period it could have been 2 weeks untill u actually concived, meaning u'd be 4 weeks instead of 6.

have u been bleeding since or heavily at all??

hope everything goes well for you, and wish u the best of luck, please let us know how u get on.

kimberley xoi
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:37 pm 
Post subject:
also, after having the test and if it comes back possitive it rules out chances of an etopic or 'fake pregnancy' so is really worth it to have it done. just remembered that my midwife had told me that! lol!

kimberley xo
dawniey22
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:40 pm 
Post subject:
thankyou kimberly20 for your story and advice,
i have slight bleeding today after the internal scan (again only when i wipe), but it looks like old blood, and they said that can happen after the internal!
im prayin that i am not as far gone as i thought, so that it wud explain why they couldnt find anything!

dawniey22 x
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:19 pm 
Post subject:
glad it's given u some reassurance, let us know how u get on, hope all goes well.

best of luck
kimberley xo
danni2609doc
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:08 pm 
Post subject:
hi i had bleeding for 12days non stop so had an internal scan yesterday to be told my uterus is empty Sad blood tests showed my hormone levels are low so looks like a miscarriage as yours are high try not to worry as everything may be fine stay positive.
tay
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hi dawniey22,
Know what you're going through!!! Had scan yesterday as had bleeding and pains. Thought i was 6 weeks and all they could see was a 4mm sac so said I was only 5 weeks. They did warn me that they might not see anything. They said that dates can be out as thay are only an estimate. If your hormones are right and you've done a test then you must be much earlier than you think. They can't see anything until 5 weeks. I know it's easy so say don't panic but just try to take their advice as they know what they are looking for.
Take it easy x
dawniey22
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:50 pm 
Post subject: jsut to baffle you all a bit more!
im trying to work out if i am earlyer than i thought...here goes i dont no wether anyone can make any sense!!!!!

first day of my last period...13th jan (which would make me 6 weeks and 2 days)

dr did a pregnancy test on the 7th of feb (got results back on the 11th) came back negative!!!

did my own pregnancy test on the 14th..two on the 15th and one on the 16th hahaha all came back possitive

hospital on the 23rd with bleeding, did another test to be sure???possitive

and then all this at the early regnancy clinic yesterday

can any one help me???is it possible i am earlyer than the 6wk 2days!!
im going insane...2morro morning seems so long away...hopefully my hormones will double again xxxx
tay
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:04 pm 
Post subject: How strange?!
The first day of my last period was 13th Jan too!!! Thought I was 6 weeks and only just 5 weeks. I had my hormones checked and called the EPU today and they said that hormone levels were right. They said that if hormones are right then that's enough to say everything is going ok. Have you got another scan booked in? You may have been just under 5 weeks and if so they wouldn't have seen anything - any sac would be under 4mm and v difficult to see. Things happen v quickly as within a week you can see the sac and then another 1/2 week later you can see the 'yolk' and in another week they will see a heartbeat - amazing isn't it!!!
dawniey22
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:29 pm 
Post subject:
thank u for the bit of hope tay!
im back at the epu 2moro morn to have my blood checked again (will be 48hrs) i will let u no what happens!!!!iv got all my toes n fingers crossed..and if i could sleep on a wooden bench i would!!its horrible with everything being up in the air....im scared to give myself faulse hope.
dawniey22 xxxx
MISWILS
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:49 am 
Post subject: hi i went through exact the same dawnie
it sounds like you are only 4 weeks i went and had a scan where i should of been 6 weeks due to my period, but they couldnt see anything, anyway had blood tests and they doubled so 2 weeks later i had another scan and they seen the baby and heartbeat it was great as all sorts was going through my head like etopic or was i not even preg at all, so just dont panick im very sure its gonna be ok for you, good luck and have a lovelly preg xox
k175ty
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:07 pm 
Post subject: me2
god yea. i went to hospital with kidney pains(before i knew i was pregnant) thinking that i had kidney stones. they took blood and said my hormone levels were high-indicating a pregnancy! they sent me to another hospital straight away to have tests done as they thought i was having an ectopic pregnancy, but when i had a scan you couldnt really see anything( i was only 4.5 weeks pregnant) so they told me to come back in a few days and have blood taken again. basically, when you have your blood test a couple of days later, your hormone levels should have at least doubled(mine did)in this case-the baby is in the correct place, if your blood has not even doubled, something is wrong e.g ectopic pregnancy. hope i might of helped a bit xxxx
dawniey22
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:14 pm 
Post subject:
hi,
just wanted to let you all know, my hormones have halved since monday and i am absolutly devostated! thankyou for all of your kind words and for giving me that little bit of hope...i just have to try and stay strong!
To all the people who are going through a simlar thing and reading this post....my story is a sad sad ending...but as you can see there are others who have had sucsses...have hope and stay strong

i wish you ALL the best of luck and happiness

dawniey22
danni2609doc
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:06 pm 
Post subject:
i really feel for you im going through the same thing as well. its the most devastating thing in the world.feels like its a dream.But Hopefully next time it will all go well although at the moment its on the back burner. take care x
tay
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:56 pm 
Post subject:
So sorry to hear your news. It's the most devistating thing to hear (went through it before christmas)
Take time to heal both emotionally and physically and then try to look to the future - I promise you will begin to feel like you can move on but there text book timescale to it.
Look after yourself x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular