Nana71
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:01 am 
Post subject: Help settling Baby
Hi everyone...

I am a new member, just joined...
I am a Nana to 1 beautiful baby boy, Dominick...atm he is in my husband & my care & his parents live with us too...heres where the problem lies....
Dom's parents are meant to be watching & learning from us...so far they are not really wanting to listen nor learn...well the biggest problem is that they refuse to quit holding him or carrying him around & this has made it very hard for us to get him into a sleep routine.
Its getting to the point where Im about to lose the plot with them.
I too need some sleep & its been hard of late as they have him wanting to be held all the time...
If anyone has some advice on how to get Dominick into a routine I would be very grateful for the advice.Also advice on how to tell Dom's parents to cut it out without coming off nasty would be helpful too.

Thanks all...hope to chat with you soon.

Confused
elsiemum
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hi. We also held ours virtually constantly and carried them around all the time. I can understand why they want to and it is beautiful to do so. Have you tried sleeping whilst holding him at the same time- while he and you snooze at the same time? You don't say how old he is, but he sounds newborn - I think it's ok to hold them as much as need be when they're young babies (and beyond). Maybe you all need to sit and chat about how you think your parenting should go. Maybe you can learn from each other. I hope it works out and you all enjoy your little one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular