Help please.

femsmurf
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:35 pm 
Post subject: Help please.
Hi,i have got an appointment to see a gynae in 2 weeks but could anybody tell me what will happen at it/what they will do to me? Thanks.they also said to me they wanna c my OH at first visit.why is this? Thanks 4 ur answers.much appreciated Rolling Eyes
Aevenstar
Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:12 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun

I'm asuuming you're going because you're not getting pregnant?

They'll need both of you because you're both involved so they'll need to look at medical history for both of you. As well as that, he'll most likely need to do a swimmers test at a later date as the causes of infertility are 50-50 between men and women - no point putting you through invasive tests if it's not you.

When I went for my first appointment, I had a full pelvic exam - yes, internal as well - and swabs taken for various tests. He then booked in a full set of blood tests for me, and referred me for a hycosy scan (where they squirt fluid through your tubes and watch it on ultrasound) after my next period.

PM me if you want any more info

and good luck!

Rachel x

femsmurf
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:57 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks 4 your reply.Yeah having trouble getting pregnant.Had loads of false alarms when i thought i was then af showed up and a couple of times when i missed more than 1 period in a row and currently missed 3 and got loads symptoms including strong nausea but done 3 tests and all negative. I dont mind going through any of that as me and my oh want a baby so much and have tried for last 5 years.What i got prob with though is i dont want a man to examine me down there if i have to have an internal.Could I request a woman or do i not have a choice?
Aevenstar
Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:29 am 
Post subject:
I'm not sure - I would have thought you can ask for a woman - there is always someone else in the room anyway - I had a nice nurse who held my hand and talked about rubbish with me to distract me!
i know it's horrible - but remember, once we're pregnant, we're going to have to get used to 'sharing'!

Good luck hun

Rachel x

femsmurf
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:42 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Fertility Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular