does holiday count towards working your notice 4 mat leave??

mummymelly
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:17 pm 
Post subject: does holiday count towards working your notice 4 mat leave??
Hey all!!
Does anyone know if holiday days count towards the days worked as your notice for maternity leave???

Basically I am on hloiday from 13June-1 July. Since things at work have kicked off and they are messing me about, I have decided I want to start my maternity leave as early as possible. I know you can start the leave 11 weeks before your due date, which works out at 27th Jun for me. I will be on holiday then. If I go back on !st Jul would that be able to be my last shift?

Any help would be aprecciated!!!
Thanks
TT
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:27 pm 
Post subject:
Smile
I found some great articles on this in a magazine called I'm Pregnant...it is the Apr, May, June edition. Based on what I read I think the answer is yes, but the only thing to consider is the notice period you need to give your employer. The artcile which is called "What are my rights?" states that "if you want to change the date you start your maternity leave, you must give your employer notice of the new date at least 28 days before the new date or the old date, whichever is soonest. If there is a good reason why that is not possible you should tell your employer as early as you can".... Hope the advice helps!

TT
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:51 am 
Post subject:
short answer - yes

long answer - it will sometimes depend on how strictly your company applies policy such as the one quoted above. I theory, you should be able to not even come back for a shift in between your leave and starting maternity leave.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular