induction on sunday nite

tinajane
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:31 pm 
Post subject: induction on sunday nite
hi every1, my name is tina and i ve jus found out that im being induced on sunday nite, i'll b 13 days over due with my 1st, i dont really no wat happens during an induction as i dont no any1 that has had 1, all i no is that they wont let my husband stay wiv me and that they wont let him in till im 6cent and on the labour ward, that also means no pain relief till then! im very nervous of hospitals anyway my heart rate goes up massively wen im there, i could really do wiv some advice on wat i should be doin and wat happens durin induction, thanks x
booter
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hi TinaJane

First of all I wish you all the best for Sunday.

My SIL had to be induced after being 14 days late. Unfortunately nothing happened the first time so she had to be induced a 2nd time. I think she found the most irritating part the waiting. She did tell me that when she was induced the 2nd time it was a bit like the contractions came on very strong at once as opposed to the build up. With that said, she gave birth 6 hours later and only needed gas and air. Obviously everyone is different but you should try to remember to relax your body during the contractions rather than tense up (which I guess will be very easily done). Sorry I can't give you any first hand advice.

Good luck x
misslil
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:56 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Tina Jane

I hope all goes well on Sunday.

I was induced with my first as was 15 days late. It seems to be completly different to what they are planning to do with you as I was given an epidural FIRST, then they broke my waters and put me on a Oxcytocin (think that's what it was called) drip! My contractions then started at about 2 mins about apart.

From what I've heard from other people here though (my first was born in Oz) is when they induce you they generally give you a tablet up your bum (sorry can't spell the other word) then you go home and wait! Do you know if they are giving you the drip first off?

I find it strange they won't let you partner be there from the off, I'd ring and speak to your midwife or Doctor if I were you and ask exactly what they plan to do and why your partner can't be there! Don't be afraid to ask questions, I know that it's so easy to just go along with what they say, but you must be fully aware of what they doing and why!

Good luck.

xxxx
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Tinajane - Where are you having your baby?? I have been induced twice, both times with a product called Prostin gel, this was inserted via a syringe up into the cervix this was painless, I had quite a few shots of this and I did become a bit bruised with all the prodding and poking after a while...try not to worry if things dont progress as quickly as they would like they will give you a drip then once things have established maybe break your waters, this is how it went with me. What bothers me is that they wont let your husband in until you are 6cms dilated!!! You dont have to go it alone, it took me 24 hours to get going, tell them you are nervous it is every womans right to have a birthing partner with them. Try not to worry - you will have your lovely baby at the end of it. Good luck and take care, Flossie xx
tinajane
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:03 pm 
Post subject:
hey, thanks for the advice, im havin my baby in wales, they are aware of how nervous i get as they kept me in coz my heart rate was so high 2 wks ago, i repeatedly told them it was nerves but they kept telling me i had a heart problem as my heart rate was 140-160, so after 2 days of me not eatin or sleepin coz of nerves they ran aload of tests, worried me and my husband stupid, just for the cardiologist 2 say it was a mixture of nerves, anemia and bein close to the end of pregnancy, the midwifes ignored my concerns, they walked off wen we asked question, and refused to let my husband stay to long, obviously i cant wait to have my baby but im jus s concerned about the process as no1 in the hospital has explained anythin to me, all they sed was that my husband could not b ther til they transfer me to the labour ward once i ve reached 6cm, apparentaly he then has to leave again once they put me on the ward after i ve given birth, so we wont even have that much time together with our baby, i ve friends in different parts of the country that have been able to have there partners with them the whole time
booter
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:01 am 
Post subject:
TinaJane, I would seriously consider making a formal complaint in person to the hospital administrator right away. As has been said, you have every right to have a birthing partner there with you every step of the way. It is your basic right. I am so fed up with the state of the N.H.S. It sunds to me like the staff that have been dealing with you have denied you important information, therefore unnessasarily making this a traumatic time for you. I know making a complaint is an added stress but you want to get it done now so that your experience on Sunday wont be even more traumatic for you. x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular