41 pregnant and have a cystocele

helenp73
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:17 pm 
Post subject: 41 pregnant and have a cystocele
hi ladies , im new here so please forgive me if ive posted in wrong section..
me and my oh have 4 boys together ranging from 23 to 5 , i haven't been feeling well lately and realised i was late with my monthly cycle,, did a test yesterday morning and it was positive, im still in shock i am 41 and i also have a cystocele , i really didn't plan to have anymore children and im worried how i will cope further along in this pregnancy and im actually terrified of having to give birth with a cystocele, i was due to have cystocele repair surgery but that will now have to be delayed.. can anyone offer advice on this
XxSnooksxX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:40 am 
Post subject:
Heres some sites for you that i looked up and some women say you can go vaginal birth on all 4's.
Do a little research up on the net about it and even talk to your doctor about it to give you some idea of what you want to do Smile Congrats on the pregnancy by the way!! im 20weeks with my 2nd and what a bloody rollercoaster!! Laughing
My son is like 10 kids in 1 so you having 4 must of been a crazy time!! Laughing Your still a spring chicken so im sure you will do fine with the help from doctors and the good old trusty net Wink

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a22388055/2nd_pregnancy_wcystocele
http://community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a16475375/moderate_cystocele_-_cs_or_vag_delivery
(Below where it says they have a cystocele and had 4 kids, thats from a site and i just copied and pasted it)
I have a cystocele. During pregnancy it feels weird, but it isn't painful for me. It is bothersome for a few weeks after each baby is born, but once swelling goes away for good, it doesn't bother me much. I've had 4 vaginal births in 7 years. My midwife said I would be a candidate for pelvic floor surgery once we're for sure done having babies, but I'd like to try PT first.

xx
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:10 am 
Post subject:
XxSnooksxX wrote:
Heres some sites for you that i looked up and some women say you can go vaginal birth on all 4's.
Do a little research up on the net about it and even talk to your doctor about it to give you some idea of what you want to do Smile Congrats on the pregnancy by the way!! im 20weeks with my 2nd and what a bloody rollercoaster!! Laughing
My son is like 10 kids in 1 so you having 4 must of been a crazy time!! Laughing Your still a spring chicken so im sure you will do fine with the help from doctors and the good old trusty net Wink

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a22388055/2nd_pregnancy_wcystocele
http://community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a16475375/moderate_cystocele_-_cs_or_vag_delivery
(Below where it says they have a cystocele and had 4 kids, thats from a site and i just copied and pasted it)
I have a cystocele. During pregnancy it feels weird, but it isn't painful for me. It is bothersome for a few weeks after each baby is born, but once swelling goes away for good, it doesn't bother me much. I've had 4 vaginal births in 7 years. My midwife said I would be a candidate for pelvic floor surgery once we're for sure done having babies, but I'd like to try PT first.

xx

thank yo so much Smile seeing my doctor today so hopefully i will get some reassurance from her, im sure i will as she is a fantastic doctor, im making myself sick with worry about this, i keep imagining my bladder just falling out with the extra weight of a baby and im actually having wee panic attacks over it x
XxSnooksxX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:32 am 
Post subject:
Try not to panic as hard as it is and i dont blame you. Just try not to think of the worse and think that everything will sail smoothly for you as the docs will take care of you and do what they can to make everything go well. Hopefully you will feel some sort of ease talking to the doc about it when you see them. I wish you the very best with the pregnancy and please do let us know how you travel along if you want Love stay strong!!
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:51 am 
Post subject:
XxSnooksxX wrote:
Try not to panic as hard as it is and i dont blame you. Just try not to think of the worse and think that everything will sail smoothly for you as the docs will take care of you and do what they can to make everything go well. Hopefully you will feel some sort of ease talking to the doc about it when you see them. I wish you the very best with the pregnancy and please do let us know how you travel along if you want Love stay strong!!

thank you for the reply, seen my doctor and she said it should be fine and once baby is born i will get the repair surgery will most likely be uncomfortable further on but im keeping my fingers crossed x
XxSnooksxX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:46 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah it would be uncomfortable for a while. If the docs say you are going to be fine then thats great! Have a happy and healthy 9 months mummy!!!! Very Happy x
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular