First Question Anyone had the coil fitted?

xtine1985BScHons
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:37 pm 
Post subject: First Question Anyone had the coil fitted?
Hi everyone
I had my coil fitted when Toby was 10 weeks old and had some heavy bleeding a week later, followed by a normal period a month after that and this week I have been bleeding and spotting all week and today I have come on properly very heavy again!
But I don't have any period pain? I thought I was supposed to get lighter again as well as the pain stopping!
Has anyone's periods stopped while being on the coil????
xx

P.S. I'm on the hormone coil
xx
Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:52 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

I havent ever had the experience, as i have never had a coil fitted. However, i just watch 'the sex education show' on channel 4. It was about the coil funnily enough. I hear that it they make periods heavier, last longer and irregular. Check it out on Google... you will find all the info you need.
MummaT
Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:00 am 
Post subject:
I had a coil before pregnancy (hormone one started with m) and loved it. I suffered from very heavy and painful periods which got alot lighter and less painful after having the coil fitted. I would say that if your having issues with periods as a result of the coil I would get it checked out.

Hope your ok and your periods get better soon!

SexOnFire
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:10 pm 
Post subject:
As some of you may no I am having the mirena coil fitted in 2 wks. my sister has told me today that it is the same one she has got, she hasn't had a period since feb07. No spotting, no pmt, and she thinks its great. She was asleep when she had it fitted as she had a small op at the same time.

I'm a little nervous about having it done but know that hopefully it will be worth it. Smile I definitely don't want any more children, Isabelle was planned and Luke was our happy accident, but the doctors say I'm too young to be sterilised (i'm 29).
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:49 am 
Post subject:
hope it goes well for you - let us know won't you Very Happy
Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:23 am 
Post subject:
I am considering having a coil fitted but not sure which one to go for as I know there are two different ones.

Im not sure if i want my periods to stop altogether?! Is that healthy to not have periods?!

Does anyone know the difference between the two?
Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:26 am 
Post subject:
I have decided not to have it fitted. The appoinment was for this afternoon, but after researching it more it isn't for me. I can't afford to put more weight on, I don't have a physical relationship with OH so it seems pointless. My periods are awful. but at the same time it is reassuring when they arrive every month.

If things improve with OH then I might reconsider or go back on the Pill.

x
mia1969
Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:39 pm 
Post subject: Coils
I had the Mirena coil in for 4 years from 2002-2006.. It was brill... Apart from feeling uncomfortable for a day or two afterwards, I didn't have a period at all during the time I had it in. I got it removed March 2006 as we were trying for a baby.... I had my son Conor in July this year so I thought it was the best form of contraception to go on afterwards . I got another fitted on 28th August and YEP its the best kind of contraception I have been on as we haven't been able to "do the deed" as I have bled every day since getting it fitted!!! Im going back to the Docs in the morning as I am sick to death of the bleeding..its not heavy thank goodness but just v annoying!! Confused
xXMummytoMatildaXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:17 pm 
Post subject:
xtine, i had the same coil as you, my periods became horrendous, really heavy with a lot of spotting, it just didn't agree with me xx
sheenpin
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:36 pm 
Post subject: Mirena Coil
Hi, I had the mirena coil fitted after having my first baby in 2006 and although it did make my periods lighter and easier I found my sex drive virtually vanished. I have been told that this is quite common with any type of hormone contraception. When I had it removed to try for our second child I really noticed the difference! I am due to have a normal copper one fitted tomorrow after having my second child. I would see how you get on but if you do find it affects you in this way don't worry about going back to the doctor to discuss it.. Good luck Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular