just want to ask....

k175ty
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:25 am 
Post subject: just want to ask....
im going for my first appointment with my midwife on 28th march-i will be 11.5 weeks gone. what should i expect? does she confirm which hospital i will be giving birth in? will i have to have a vaginal examination? Confused i really do not want this.lol will she tell me what foods i should be avoiding? xxx
joliver
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:53 am 
Post subject:
Yeah when i went for my first apt - i was only 6 weeks - she referred me to the Hospital - she said i would hear from them - got a letter a few days after and rang up and they booked me in for my 12 week scan

I didnt get examined - apart from taking my blood pressure - she told me what foods to avoid and gave me a leaflet and that was that

Jo
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:51 pm 
Post subject:
It's ok they don't do any internal examinations at normal midwife's appts. It's just weight, height, blood pressure etc and then lots of form filling. Get a list of questions you want to ask ready so you don't forget when you go in xxxxx
lucybourne
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:50 am 
Post subject:
[color=violet]i went for my first appt today, i was just given my bounty pack and told the hospital would writing to me with my 12week scan date, also had to do urine sample so they could test for infections. they also informed me of next midwife appt and gave me a pot to do another urine sample when i go again (apparnetly we will have loads of urine samples taken) and told they take a blood test at next appt - which really scared me as i hate needles lol. dont know how im going to cope with labour!!
k175ty
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:26 pm 
Post subject:
lol. i can never pee when they tell me to.lol.though im not that bothered bowt the needles-i had six lots of blood taken when i was in hospital-i was only there for 2 days!lol. yea- i dont think ill cope with the labour either-iv heard its sooooo painful and i really dont want to have to stay in hospital!! do you know how long they keep you in for? xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular