Shocked I'm pregnant and in my 40s'

BABYBOOM
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:38 am 
Post subject: Shocked I'm pregnant and in my 40s'
Hello to you all,
Yes I'm in my 40s, and have just found out I'm pregnant, at the moment i'm in complete body shock, i was told by a women's health consultant that I didn't need to go on the pill because I couldn't have anymore children Confused , how wrong was he,, well this little one wasn't planned, but will be very welcomed into our lives. My eldest is 21 and my youngest is 12. oh my God!!!! Surprised
Is there anyone else out there expecting in their 40s. Embarassed We need to form an over 40s group how about it : Very Happy Laughing

Last edited by BABYBOOM on Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:38 pm 
Post subject:
Looks like its just me and you then Very Happy
Hi I am Flossie - Just turned 40 2 children aged 15 and 12, had 2 m/c in last 6 months and am pregnant again 8.5 weeks. Dont think there are many of us (older mums) on here but everyone really great and even though I have done it before there are questions I have posted and someone always has an answer, also we are keeping our news quiet at the mo' and its lovely to come on here and have a natter!! When is baby due? Hope to talk to you in the future.

Take care, Flossie xx
bamabam
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:20 am 
Post subject:
Hi just starting my 6 th week and I am a first time mum. Will be 41 in 2 weeks time. I thought I would never get pregnant so easy at my age. Now i keep thinking oh my god, I am too old. hoping my body will cope okay. Stay in touch let me know how you are getting on. I do not have anyone to talk to as we are keeping it quiet for the moment and I do not have any family except my hubbie, so feeling rather lonely.
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:29 am 
Post subject:
Hi there and congratulations to you!! Hey no need to feel lonely I log in a couple of times a day (other half thinks I am addicted) its nice to chat about my baby and experiences I am going through. Are you having many symptoms yet? I have been suffering for the first time with 'morning' sickness except it comes and goes during the morning, afternoon evening and even during the night! I seem to able to control it a little more if I never let myself get hungry, which means I have gained 9 1bs in about 7 weeks Shocked I have been incredibly tired aswell so much so by about 2pm I am almost asleep at my desk...have told my boss and he is incredibly understanding he is actually a father of 3 himself so is very 'new man'....keep in touch.

Best wishes, Flossie x
bamabam
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:24 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you for the kind words. got my first doctors appointment today so off work. Sitting around with nothing to do. Makes me more stressed.
not telling anyone at moment is hard, you want to shout it from the rooftop.
Just wish I had some family to share it with. Being my first time could do with my mum. But must stop thinking sad thoughts and get on with things.
A few symptoms, stomach ache and my boobs hurt like hell. No sickness yet , thank god.
and I seem to have gone off food, have to force myself to eat. Also used to love diet coke , but for the past week each time I try it, I do not want it? Who knows pherhaps I am just going mad Laughing
so sorry you have been so sick.
its great to be able to chat on here, so thank you
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:56 pm 
Post subject:
You are very welcome - hope your appt goes well. I too am a big diet coke fan gallons of it usually but I cannot touch it, I have been drinking lemon squash with ice constantly. I am so sorry that you dont have other family members to share this with I am sure you will feel better when you feel able to share your little one with friends and colleagues. I have a Monday off and have spent most of the day on the internet looking at baby things websites/prams??? got ages to go and I am looking at prams, but wow they are so much better now - really trendy, think I am going to make it my aim to be a yummy mummy. Yes I too am going slightly insane...... Laughing Flossie xx
bamabam
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:20 pm 
Post subject:
Doc appointment went well. blood pressure all ok. put me as high risk becuase of age. what a cheek, i think women of our age should get extra special treatment for being so fertile haha. I know why we high risk but hey not a nice label to have.

I have loked on web at prams etc, seems funnt as so long to go.

doctor booking my scan for around 15 april , looking forward to that. May get a tshirt saying i maybe high risk but I am a yummy mummy. Laughing
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:12 am 
Post subject:
Very Happy Pleased it all went well...Think we should start a new thread. Yes I was surpirsed at my fertility too - really thought I would struggle but hey look at us!!!

Flossie xx (At work!!!) Naughty
bigbird3
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:01 pm 
Post subject: 40's
Hello everyone,this is my 1st visit.

I am 41 and 20 weeks pregnant today with my 4th child. My other children are 8,12 and 15. Its true there aren't many older mums. I was pretty shocked it happened after such a big gap.

Good luck to all

xxxx

Laughing
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:07 am 
Post subject:
Hi Bigbird - Congrats to you, do you know what you are having yet??

Flossie xx

bigbird3
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Flossie,

Thanks for the reply.

I had 2 boys 1st,then a girl. I am expecting a GIRL this time,I'm over the moon....

Its the 1st time I have found out what I am expecting,so no surprises this time.LOL

Take care,spk soon.

Bigbird

xxxx
startingagain
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hi big bird 3

I'm not quite 40, a year and a half to go. I'm TTC after a sterilisation reversal and hoping I'm as lucky as you ladies to remain so fertile.

Just got to the end of my 1st month trying, looking forward to the next month feeling very positive.

Well Done & Big congrats and hopfully I'll be an older expectant Mum soon ,

Donna x
bigbird3
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:19 am 
Post subject:
Hello Donna,

I wish you all the luck in the world.

Take care,

Bigbird

xxxx Smile
honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:28 am 
Post subject: HI
hi bigbird congratulations i bet u r over the moon i am tryin to concieve i will find out if i am pregnant at the end of the month which feels like a lifetime away i have 3 boys so would love to have baby girl.
did u carry diffrent when u had your boys to your girl?
bigbird3
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:47 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Honie,

To be honest I dont carry any different,always just a bump at the front.(+massive boobs LOL) You can't tell I'm pregnant from the back. The only connection with my 1st girl was that I had Group Strep B,which again I have with this girl.(Didn't have it with the boys)

I am one of the lucky ones,never had a single bit of morning/afternoon/night sickness with any of them.Can't imagine what people actually go through being sick.........

It was very emotional when I had my 1st girl after having two boys.I know exactly what you mean about football !!!

Good luck for the end of the month,it will be here before you know it......

Take care,

Bigbird

xxxx Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular