3d 4d scans

marilyn
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:07 pm 
Post subject: 3d 4d scans
i recently went to derby for my 3d 4d scan , i was so excited and curious to how my baby boy was going to look , i just wanted to see his little face.
so i went along with my mum , dad and best friend.
i was really dissapointed .... ive seen pics and movies of other peoples scan on the internet and they are amazing but i was not happy with my out come .
the lady told me that the cord was in my babys face and in the way of getting good pics and footage but without sounding horrible my babys face looked really distorted and monster like !!!!
we left the scan without any pics etc and didnt have to pay as they have booked me in again for a second try, but i cant help but worry that there is something wrong with my babys face ..... am i being silly or should i be worried ?
we could not make his face out at all , it was quite scary and part of me wants to go back for the second scan to get reasurance that he is ok but then part of me feels i should just wait till the big day ,
please help.... if there is anyone out there that has been for one of these 3d 4d scans to share there experience with me that would be great .... maybe it was just a really angle etc !!!
Meandbabyellis
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:51 pm 
Post subject:
I'M ONLY TEN WEEKS BUT MY FRIND IS 24 WEEKS AND HAS HAD ONE AND ALL OF HER FRIENDS COULDNT SEE ANYTHING BUT THE ELEPHANT MAN(obviously we didnt dare tell her!) BUT SHE COULD SENSE THAT THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH US ALL AND SHE ADMITTED THAT SHE HAD BEEN A BIT LET DOWN TOO BY THE PICTURES AS IT JUST LOOKED LIKE A MONSTER! LUCKILY THERE WAS A NURSE AMONGST US AND AN EXPERT IN DECIPHERING THESE MUDDLE LITTLE PICTURES AND IT ENDED UP THAT THERE WAS A LEG IN THE WAY AND WE WERE LOOKING AT IT FROM THE WRONG ANGLE, IT TOOK A BIT OF SPINNING IT ROUND AND HIDING THE LEG BIT WITH HER HAND BUT SOON ENOUGH THE NURSE HAD REVEALED A VERY CLEAR IMAGE OF THE BEAUTIFUL BABY AND WE ALL BREATHED A BIG SIGH OF RELIEF AND COOED OVER THE PICTURE, SO I WOULDNT WORRY, LIKE THEY SAID ITS PROBABLY NOTHNG MORE THAN HE'S AT A FUNNY ANGLE, OR THE CORD IS IN THE WAY, SADLY YOU CANT FORCE THEM TO POSE, THEY DONT KOW THAT THEY'RE BOOKED IN FOR THEIR PHOTO TAKEN AND IF THEY'RE FACING THE WRONG WAY THEN THERE ISNT MUCH WE CAN DO. GOOD LUCK FOR NEXT TIME, AND IF YOU STILL CANT SEE MUCH THEN ALL THE MOER THE SURPRISE WHEN HE ARRIVES AND I'M SURE HE'LL BE PERFECT
BEST WISHES
HELENA
erj74
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:16 am 
Post subject:
I went for a scan yesterday at 28 weeks as they were worried about my babies growth rate - all fine thank god. I was just expecting a normal scan where you can't really see much but they ended up doing a 4d scan. The radiologist said that it is very rare for the baby to be in the perfect position for these scans so that you get to see everything really well and less than 10% of babies are in a position that will show anything good to look at all , there are so many shadows etc so I really wouldn't worry. These are not 'pictures' in the normal sense, they are waves bouncing off something to create an image so unless the baby is posing in exactly the right way then its not going to be super clear and perfect and who can get a baby in the womb to do what we want it to!!!
Its a real shame that you didn't get to see the images that you wanted and i wish you luck for the next time round but i wouldn't put it down to anything being wrong with your baby - I am also sure if they saw somehting wrong on the pictures you would know about it via your midwife/doc. The pictures that you see on tv and in books are the best of the best, you don't know how many bad pictures they had to get through.
Best wishes with your little one, i'm sure he's going to be just gorgeous
xx
carolinew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:34 pm 
Post subject:
I had this scan done when my baby was 28 weeks. lucky enough baby was in an ok position. i got a cd full of pictures from the scan and some of them my baby looked distorted on too. she kept putting her hands in front of her face!! lol. However i got a lot of great images too. Just so you know from my experience this is normal and im sure your baby will be just fine. since having my baby i have noticed loads of similarities to when i had my scan, such as the facial expressions she pulls, its hillarious for me and my partner when she does this as we think back to watching her at the scan. I look at pictures now of my daughter and it amazes me how much she looks like some of the pictures. It was like meeting her before she was born!! lol x
It truly is an amazing experience to see your baby like this, so i hope all goes well for you at your next scan
Good luck and all the best
Caz x x Smile
gorgeous1em
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:35 pm 
Post subject:

Here is my 3d scan i had done at 17 weeks. I was told it is a girl x I am a bit worried however as i have only seen one foot! Sounds silly but on our 2d scan at 12 weeks we saw a perfect little foot with the toes, but she was laying with her feet up in the air at this 3d scan and i cant make out the feet properly. I have been told everything is fine but you cant help but worry. I was dissapointed also as she wouldnt show her face! x
ashmurphy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:43 pm 
Post subject: Re: 3d 4d scans
hi i had a 4d scan at 25 weeks and it was brilliant. at first you could'nt see much because my baby was just too lazy but i had a cold drink and it soon got him going. its well worth it to go the second time you will be amazed at the photo's etc.. you have nothing to wory about.
gorgeous1em
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:51 pm 
Post subject:
ah thanks babes i am so exited to have another one and my mte had her little girl last night - in the back of the ambulance haha x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular