Need Help: 3 1/2 month old, refusing to take bottle

tylersdad
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:53 am 
Post subject: Need Help: 3 1/2 month old, refusing to take bottle
My 3 1/2 month old son is now refusing to take bottle, except when he is totally starved or half asleep.
We have him on Reflux Medicine, tried many formula changes, bottles etc...The doctors checked his esophogus and he has no allergies.

No one seems to have an answer, we're not sure what else to do. We are going for a Swallow Study to see if we can find an answer to him.
He is happy most of the day, except for feeding, and it's gradually getting worse.

Has anyone gone through this or have advice or solutions?
Thanks,
CarryW
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:59 pm 
Post subject:
Had same problem with my baby, gradually started eating less and losing weight. At about 2 oz he would refuse as if teat was hurting his mouth. His skin also became patchy. Health visitor mention something called "hot teat" which makes baby fell as if the milk is burning the mouth, which is due to milk allergy, I spoke to doctor who wasn't sure about this and gave baby gavison. I wasn't happy about giving gavison to a baby (due to sodium) and didnt think he had the syptoms of acid reflux. On advice of my HV I changed to soya milk and demanded allergy tests from my gp. The first time he had the soya milk ( lactose free glutin free) he drank 6oz without stopping which was brilliant because normal formula he refused at 2oz. Now feeding very well and seeing a dietician next week after tests showed cows milk allergy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular