The twins are here!!!!

sjc1974
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:56 pm 
Post subject: The twins are here!!!!
They are here!!!!!!

I still can't believe it.

THey arrived on Sunday 28th SEpt at 34 weeks + 2 days.

I woke up (at In Laws house) used the bathroom went back to bed and felt slightly uncomfortable and as I went to get out of bed my waters wentn and I stood there stranded saying to my Hubby my waters have just gone.

THis was sometime bewteen 7.30-8 am. I called the hospital at 8.20 and they told me to go straight there as babies early but I asked if I could shower first (I wasn't going anywhere with bed hair Wink which she said I could do. Anyway the contractions started and I couldn't rush. By now the whole house was up and my Father In Law was dancing around the room bless him- I wasn't too sociable for some reason lol.

My Husband drove to hospital (about 20-25 mins away) and we got stuck behind some cars and a horsebox. I was trying not to yell out in pain as didn't wannt to scare him.

On arrival at hospital and on examination I was 6cm dilated- by now it was 9.40.

We hadn't packed a camera I was getting worried and the pain was by now quite intense.

Then I was given gas and air- well ladies let me tell you thats the best thing ever. At one stage I was literally floating I could hear myself talk but felt like I was not in the room, I must have been well and truly high. My midwife must havev clocked it as she told me to only use when I had contractions.

My Husband was a star he kept spraying my face with a spritzer with water in it- very refreshing. He also called Father in Law to bring camera as midwife said if need camera you need it soon these babies will be here in less than an hour.

I asked for an epidural as the pain was bad and then when they came to do it I said I didn't want it. I did have it tho as was advised to as if twin 2 took its time I would need a c section. The epidural worked wonders.

At 12.21 our beautiful Son Joseph arrived weighing 5lb 1 ozs. At 12.58 (after being told I was having contractions and to push) our 2nd beautiful Son arrived - James weighing in at 4lb 10ozs. Both are absolutely dorable.

They were taken straight to special care as early and small but were fine.

They are still in hospital but are both doing extremely well and tonight we were told that we can probably bring them home on Monday- we were both in shock as we thought maybe next weekend.

So after 4 years of trying, 3 x IUI and 1 x IVF we are now a family and I couldn't be happier.

My Husband is the best and he is the ever so doting Daddy and what a fantastic one he is too.
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:22 pm 
Post subject:
Many congratulations, really pleased that all is well with your beautiful babies. xx
rojakhan
Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:09 pm 
Post subject:
congratulations!

hopingforamiracle
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:37 am 
Post subject:
WOW. Congratulations. Glad you are all okay.

Lisa.
xx
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:52 am 
Post subject:
congratulations.xxx
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:12 pm 
Post subject:
aww congratulations hun! x

Jump to: