8 week old pushing up with his legs

ekerr
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:10 am 
Post subject: 8 week old pushing up with his legs
I hve an 8 week old and whenever he is laid/sat with his feet on something he always pushes himself up to the point he could stand and support his own weight, just wouldn't have the balance.

Is it ok to let him do this? will it damage his legs?
tane
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:20 pm 
Post subject: Pushing with his legs to standing position
Hi, Im new to this so I hope I do it right Wink
I have a now 5 1/2 months old baby who has been doing the same since he was 8 weeks old, wanting to stand up no matter what. Is this normal? The Dr. todl me not to let him but its almost impossible, when I have him sitting on my lap he manages to push up and end up standing. Hes a very active and strong baby too and is always wanting to go a step ahead in his development which..believe me...is awesome but also very tiring for mommy and daddy !!! Razz
dolphinannie
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:52 pm 
Post subject:
HI

My lo started pushing up very early too, he's now 9 1/2 months and almost walking. The only think i will suggest is do not encourage them to stand but do not prevent it either. Babies all develop at different rates but dont be suprised if they forget about this new skill soon, when they discover something else new.

Hth xx
kellyinlondon
Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:48 am 
Post subject:
My 10 week old daughter is very strong and has caught us out a few times because she will use her legs to push against you and almost fall out of your arms. She has also been holding her own head up for a while now! I think all babies develop differently and if you encourage your baby to use their legs by standing them up (supporting them of course) they will become strong very quickly
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:25 am 
Post subject: standing reflex
This is a reflex that is normal. When their feet touch something they want to push. Encourage this while they are on the floor having tummy time etc. Place your hands on the soles of their feet and let them push off. This action assists with crawling, most babies loose this reflex if its not encouraged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular