Two Week Wait

Poppy99
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, yep I normally bloat out shortly before my period, clothes get tight. Atleast that is one good thing about periods because I shrink back to normal again which makes you feel like you just achieved a quick diet! Guess we would all much rather be 'growing' baby bumps though rather than worrying about clothes size Wink
GirlyEngland
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:40 pm 
Post subject: help... im a bit clueless!!
Hi everyone... am pretty new to all this so apologise now if I ask stupid questions, its so hard not being able to talk to any friends or family as dont want to jinx anything by saying me and hubby are trying for baby number 1!!

Anyway - im after a bit of advise please, I came off the pill in early December, had a withdrawal bleed and then nothing until Jan 14th, since then I have had all the signs but nothing. We only decided to stop 'being careful' 10 days ago... and now Im not sure whether to be hoping for a period or not... when would be sensible to take a test, as everything I have read says on the day you expect your period, but as I dont know when mine will be (its now been 58 days!) im totally clueless!!

Any advise would be fab! Thanks, xx
jenniP35
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:41 am 
Post subject:
Hi Girlyengland and welcome

I came off the pill in October and unlike you never had a bleed. I actually tookmy nextpack for about 5 days and then stopped. I never had a bleed for 5 weeks and was convinced I was 'inthe club' Smile but then my period came. Since then I have had regular, set your watch by!, 30 day cycles, but most people take a few months to 'settle down' to anormal routine if you like.

Saying that I am now on cycle day (CD) 42 and still no period. I'm convinced I'm not pg and that I am just having a long cycle. Saying that the longer I wait for my period the more I think my ovulation day was XX date so potentially I could be pg! but I doubt it.

Anyway some pg tests say you can test up to 4 days b4 your period s due. I personally have invested in the cheaper dip strip tests. For the price of a clearblue digital you can get a fist full of dip strips on the net and they are the ones they use in hospital. They detect low levels of HCG just like the expensive ones.And the thing is if you are as obsessed as the rest of us here you'll be 'dipping' all the time so you may as well save some money Smile

God I haven't half rabbited on, time for bed x
GirlyEngland
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:58 pm 
Post subject:
Hi JenniP35,

Thanks for replying... its nice to know that I am not the only one in this boat!! Was suffering with really bad cramps this morning but nothing came of that either, so guess its just a waiting game - rubbish hey!! Will get some tests though as you suggested, and just wait and see!!

Do you have any children already or are you trying for your first baby?

x
Casstia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:48 am 
Post subject:
I think like me most will have come to the end of this two week wait by now...anything to report???

I was due yesterday and havent started yet so fingers, toes, arms, legs and eyes crossed!!!! Laughing
GirlyEngland
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:35 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Cassita - fingers crossed for you!!

I still have no sign of af, had 1 regular period since coming off of the pill in November, and that was 65 days ago so am panicking that I am not even ovulating!! Have done 2 tests, one last friday and one today and both negative so am going to have to give in and see the doctor or I think I might go mad - sure I was pretty regular before going on the pill!

Good luck to everyone, hope its all going well Very Happy

x
rosie36
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:24 pm 
Post subject:
hi casstia, any news yet? have you tested or did aunt flo arrive? sounds like a dodgy in law doesnt it Laughing anyway, ive got my fingers crossed for you! good luck. x
amysmum96
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:34 pm 
Post subject:
hi all im just enterin my tww fingers crossed to you all entering yours and hope we get our bfp xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular