minxymoo, don't be scared of the laparoscopy!

mimilo
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:21 am 
Post subject: minxymoo, don't be scared of the laparoscopy!
hi minxymoo (& anyone else fearing a laparoscopy),

just read your reply to another post where you said you were terrified of having your laparoscopy and just thought i'd reassure you because i had one last week and was REALLY terrified beforehand, but it wasn't that bad at all!!

i was out like a light, then woke up and, being pretty spaced out, asked if i had had the surgery yet!!! wasn't in any pain whatsever. i was a little groggy for the rest of the day and laid in bed but nothing else bad, and just paracetamol was enough for me to feel no pain at all. the next day my tummy was a little sore (again painkillers did the trick) and i have some bruising around the two wounds and am a little bloated but otherwise i'm fine. today, five days after, i'm back to work and have no symptoms at all! (and i even had a hysteroscopy, curette & dye dome at the same time as the laparoscopy). so, bottom line, don't worry too much about it, it's not nearly as bad as you think! best of luck to you! x
Minxymoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:28 am 
Post subject:
Ah thx that's really kind. My therapy lady went thru all my fears last night with me. It would seem that when i was a child and i had surgery i went under panicky and terrified and therfore woke up in the same frame of mind and this is what is making me freak out now. She has made me a relaxation tape that i can play to myself right up to the op. She makes alot of sense adn together with the reasurance you have given me i hope to sail thru it all. After all its me who decides to have it done lol.
Good luck to you toox
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:46 am 
Post subject:
no prob at all, i'm glad if it helped a little cause i can really sympathise with you cause i was very very scared before mine, but again, it wasn't that bad at all, if you're like me you won't even know you had it done! best of luck, try to stay as calm as you can, deep breaths are always good when you're panicky or anxious too.
let us know how you went x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Fertility Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular