Pregnancy symptoms gone away

SE23CM
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:22 am 
Post subject: Pregnancy symptoms gone away
Hi there,
My wife was 7 weeks pregnant last year with mild symptoms that stopped. At 10 weeks she had an early scan that revealed a missed miscarriage and so she had an ERPC early September. It took 3 months for her first period and she had another late in January.

She took a pregnancy test two weeks ago that came out positive. We went to the Dr who said she's roughly 6 weeks pregnant. Her breast was very sore and lumpy and she had some cramp-like pains up to a couple of days ago, but now she said she's scared that she's lost the symptoms and that the whole thing is happening again. She said she still has a sick-hungry feeling and mild pains in her belly, but not much else. All pain and lumpiness in her breast has gone.

Obviously we're both very stressed and worried. Due to poor level of service from Drs last year she's reluctant to go rushing back at the first change in the way she feels.

Does anyone have any reassurance that symptoms can come and go early in pregnancy and that the previous missed miscarriage will have no bearing on this pregnancy?

Any guidance / words of wisdom would be very much appreciated!
Chris
FingersCrossed
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:36 am 
Post subject:
Hi,
So sorry that you are feeling left in the dark at the moment at such a difficult time, I really know how you are feeling. I had two miscarriages last year and also felt the level of care I received left a lot to be desired.

I was promised better care this time round and at 6 weeks had heard nothing. The only way I was able to get a scan and some tests was to tell them about some of the pains I had been having (which was true but I did not think they were anything to worry about). This changed their attitudes and I was brought straight in for a scan and blood tests and received follow up care two weeks later.
If you are really worried kick up a fuss and speak to your doctor.

I experienced a drop in symptoms this time round as well, but it only lasted for a few days before resuming. I am now 10 weeks and also feel like my symptoms are dying off again.

The fact she is still feeling hungry/sick is a positive sign

If you cannot get any joy from the docs it may be worth doing another pregnancy test where the cross shows up as when I had my miscarriges the line turned faint, but this time round it is really bold.

Let us know how you get on xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular